COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had a total lockdown in this Country 2 weeks ago I can guarantee the same people saying why havent we would be chastising Johnson for being too harsh, the Guy can't do fuck all right. We have no respect for the Police as their powers have been stripped away over the years, the reservists are hard to deploy quickly, its the fucking idiots in this Country who are the issue.

I've no time for Johnson but I would have welcomed a lock-down 2 weeks ago

I took it to mean that different countries are counting deaths in different ways (eg some count all people who die with the virus as being virus deaths, while others put them down to the underlying disease). She seemed to suggest that we classify them as to which condition was most likely to have caused the death.
Just heard her again,the most significant disease they are counting,i have addressed causes of death before so i won't do it again

The USA covers a few time zones, I suspect they report the figures at the same local time, hence the gradual increase.

it's not about gradual increase, it's about some people seeing different numbers at same time at worldometer. I see 14550 now.

If we had a total lockdown in this Country 2 weeks ago I can guarantee the same people saying why havent we would be chastising Johnson for being too harsh, the Guy can't do fuck all right. We have no respect for the Police as their powers have been stripped away over the years, the reservists are hard to deploy quickly, its the fucking idiots in this Country who are the issue.

Correct.

If that is correct, then that's a 10,000 increase in 24 hours. It's now showing 14,550 new cases.

yep, usa is being absolutely hammered right now. Guess they increased testing too, though I've read today that at some place they tested 500 people and 50% came positive.

Sitting in your house watching tv isn’t fucking harsh. It might not be the most comfortable of situations but it would be to save lives.
Boris is playing Russian roulette with the British publics lives - sadly it seems a large percentage of the British public are happy to add a couple of extra bullets to the chamber.

Just seen this on Facebook. I've not posted on there in over 10 years but jsut went on so Mrs Hef could sort her account out:

"There is a lot of scaremongering and panic being put about. This virus is not to be taken lightly and we should follow the guidance. But to put things into perspective - UK deaths from coronavirus 0.0003%, confirmed UK cases 0.00752%. Even in Italy the worst hit country - death rate is 0.0079% and confirmed cases 0.088%. Like I said, this isn't to make people disregard the virus, just provide some reassurance in these worrying times."

For the avoidance of doubt, that is not 'perspective' is is a misleading rubbish peddled by people who don't know what they are talking about

Sitting in your house watching tv isn’t fucking harsh. It might not be the most comfortable of situations but it would be to save lives.
Boris is playing Russian roulette with the British publics lives - sadly it seems a large percentage of the British public are happy to add a couple of extra bullets to the chamber.

By treating us like Adults? It is the people, we should be able to be asked to do something and conform rather than getting battered in the streets by over zealous coppers having to force us ffs. I'd move abroad if I needed that to actually listen.

Just seen this on Facebook. I've not posted on there in over 10 years but jsut went on so Mrs Hef could sort her account out:

"There is a lot of scaremongering and panic being put about. This virus is not to be taken lightly and we should follow the guidance. But to put things into perspective - UK deaths from coronavirus 0.0003%, confirmed UK cases 0.00752%. Even in Italy the worst hit country - death rate is 0.0079% and confirmed cases 0.088%. Like I said, this isn't to make people disregard the virus, just provide some reassurance in these worrying times."

For the avoidance of doubt, that is not 'perspective' is is a misleading rubbish peddled by people who don't know what they are talking about

Those statistics aren't even close to being right and it's an indictment of how thick the average person is in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.