Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Silly Sally living up to her name on BBC Breakfast. Saying it would be wonderful if teams play intensive number of matches day after day not necessarily on home grounds to finish off the season so we can all watch it on tv.
Or did l dream that?

The government, i think has x300 pages of emergency legislation, to try to get thru today.

If "non essential" activity/business/travel is legislated, even not immediately implemented,

will that not become the catalyst to raft of significant sporting announcements. Canada has

already announced that it will not attend any summer 2020 olympics. Seems that it takes x1

country or sporting body to be robust during this situation, then others seem to follow lead.

Reactions: nmc
The government, i think has x300 pages of emergency legislation, to try to get thru today.

If "non essential" activity/business/travel is legislated, even not immediately implemented,

will that not become the catalyst to raft of significant sporting announcements. Canada has

already announced that it will not attend any summer 2020 olympics. Seems that it takes x1

country or sporting body to be robust during this situation, then others seem to follow lead.

as they have just taken over the railway they can shut it down
https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/rail-emergency-measures-during-the-covid-19-pandemic
and the new powers they will give themselves will mean no sports will take place without govt approval.

Silly Sally living up to her name on BBC Breakfast. Saying it would be wonderful if teams play intensive number of matches day after day not necessarily on home grounds to finish off the season so we can all watch it on tv.
Or did l dream that?

No Silly Sally like the Beeb has lost all sense of reality... never heard such Utter bollocks being talked by mainstream media. Tens of thousands will die, no funerals, no goodbyes, just cremations but it’s okay we can watch intensive round the clock football as the whole season is finished over a weekend at Old Trafford. WTF.

No Silly Sally like the Beeb has lost all sense of reality... never heard such Utter bollocks being talked by mainstream media. Tens of thousands will die, no funerals, no goodbyes, just cremations but it’s okay we can watch intensive round the clock football as the whole season is finished over a weekend at Old Trafford. WTF.
Thanks for that. It was such a silly idea l thought l had imagined it as the BBCs rivals have the rights for the matches as well as the obvious health reasons. A large part of the programme was about peoples stupidity in going to parks etc ignoring the distancing guidelines - as three of them sat on a sifs clearly less than 2m apart.
I tried to check it out on a subsequent bulletin but that was entirely taken by Neville and Giggs and their hotel. One of them said the hotel thing was suggested by that guy at Salford City. No mention of Abramovich and certainly no BBC staple 'This gesture for the NHS staff is also available at other hotels'.

Morgan Schneiderlin has said every player is prepared to play until August if it means this season can be completed.

So there you have it, the players chosen(I assume) representative had spoken! What else is there to say?
A much better attitude from Robert Lewandowski who has donated 1m Euros of his own money to help victims which is a lot more than his club Bayern has done. This crisis shows some people in their true colours. The so called "European Royalty" clubs have certainly vanished when Europe needed some leadership. They won't be forgiven in a hurry, even by their own fans.

This Self Isolating thing is a load of bollocks unless you back it up with testing!. I reckon 99% of people SI for 7 days have a normal cold so after 7 days they come out to the world again and could pick it up. as I said without testing its complete bollocks. I cant understand why all govs are not making this their priority and getting them out in their millions!

Or did l dream that?
That is the latest suggestion from all quarters of the media as they desperately try to set the narrative one way or another to make sure LFC get the trophy. They dont even consider what the players feel on this one - I cant see them wanting to put their family at risk for entertainment!

In unison, the media have followed these narratives

"League HAS to be finished"
"Financial implications of not finishing"
The integrity of the league..."
"The league WILL be finished"
"winners and losers of not finishing the league" (LFC/UTD are losers, all the other little teams are winners)
"Computer simulations make it impossible for LFC to not win the title"
Total attack on anything West Ham / Karen Brady (For suggesting we dont finish the league - Dont anyone else DARE to say the same thing now?)

Our PL chiefs are desperate to finish this season, and considering how much more the PL product is worth now that they finally have an establishment club winning the title I can see why, after years of lesser clubs winning the title it's worth so much more money than ever before. And on those grounds I expect the media to start reporting that it is good for all of us if they finish the league (LFC bring in the clicks for the media and the PL product sells better when a team with global support wins), IE finish the PL or football itself will be at risk.

Of course there are other financial implications, but those global sales are not going to increase now. Sky and the PL has seen a potential windfall taken away from them....this virus has been more than a disaster for the PL owners, they know it, and through their media chums are trying to spread all the above propaganda to make sure it does happen... it definataly isnt a dream imo.

I agree with give it to Gordon. With both the FA and the Premier League banging on about restarting the leagues asap. They have said that they want to start in May. With the head of the health service saying that the peak of this coronavirus will not be reaching it's peak till the middle of June. Now that they have also issued guide lines to stay a minimum of 2 meters from the next person. What I would like to know is. How they propose to play football in those conditions. Any football matches that take place under those conditions would be just laughable.

This is in totally bad taste. Both of these governing bodies should be hanging their heads in shame. These bodies are not worried about the players, they are just worried about the loss of revenues. I just hope that the government comes out in the next few days and says that all team sporting activities outdoors are now banned until further notice. This maybe the only way to get it into the thick skulls of these so called leaders of football in England.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.