COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds brutal but the number of deaths is related to existing cases so although any reduction in daily numbers is good news the key number is the rate of new infections. If they start to reduce rapidly then that is a sign that it is starting to be under control.

yes, the new cases are what is the most important as much as brutal that could sound :( .

That is what made me think I've already had it. I was ill just before Christmas for around 3 weeks. Worst flu I've ever had

Was doing to rounds over Xmas. Horrible. Worse I've felt for years (my kids were worse). But again, my youngest boy had the flu jab didn't get ill so perhaps it was a strain of flu and I'm just trying to tie it to CV19 so I feel better about already having it.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-us.s3.amazonaws.com%2F08862f5c-6ab2-11ea-800d-da70cff6e4d3

The reasons underlying the German & Swiss case fatality rates don't seem to have been explained yet - they have an older population than Italy and others and have not introduced such stringent lockdown measures.
Surely one reason is that they have a much better educated and physically fitter population than most of Europe. The don't have as many obsese people and smokers. They have lower heart disease and cancer rates than most other countries. To top it all they are much better at following rules than we are. I don't have the stats to prove this but I have spent a lot of time there and my strong impression is that Germany is years ahead of the UK in most areas of infrastructure and presumably they have better health care as well. It is just a more advanced country than here.

Surely one reason is that they have a much better educated and physically fitter population than most of Europe. The don't have as many obsese peopleand smokers. They have lower heart disease and cancer rates than most other countries. To top it all they are much better at following rules than we are. I don't have the stats to prove this but I have spent a lot of time there and my strong impression is that Germany is years ahead of the UK in most areas of infrastructure and presumably they have better health care as well. It is just a more advanced country than here.
I think comparing death rates with other countries is irrelevant because of what you say,look at trends but no exact numbers imo

Surely one reason is that they have a much better educated and physically fitter population than most of Europe. The don't have as many obsese people and smokers. They have lower heart disease and cancer rates than most other countries. To top it all they are much better at following rules than we are. I don't have the stats to prove this but I have spent a lot of time there and my strong impression is that Germany is years ahead of the UK in most areas of infrastructure and presumably they have better health care as well. It is just a more advanced country than here.
Those are all very good points.

That is what made me think I've already had it. I was ill just before Christmas for around 3 weeks. Worst flu I've ever had
Don’t forget, some years influenza can be a really wild and nasty strain, and can kill up to 1,600 people in Britain in just one flu season (October-February) and can kill 650,000 worldwide.

It seems a bit early for you to have had it before Christmas.

You never know though!

Ive seen the back of the buildings/restaurants in Rusholme, they’re fucking horrendous and I’ve heard some dodgy rumours, and their food hygiene standards ratings can be 1 or even 0!

For all we know it could have started here!

My friend live in Dundonald and she says they’ve turned the local ice skating rink has been converted into a morgue and 800 body bags delivered to the local hospital. She says they are preparing for the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.