COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely one reason is that they have a much better educated and physically fitter population than most of Europe. The don't have as many obsese people and smokers. They have lower heart disease and cancer rates than most other countries. To top it all they are much better at following rules than we are. I don't have the stats to prove this but I have spent a lot of time there and my strong impression is that Germany is years ahead of the UK in most areas of infrastructure and presumably they have better health care as well. It is just a more advanced country than here.
I dont have any stats to back this up but when you go on holiday, every single one of them smokes, bar none, it's really weird

Surely one reason is that they have a much better educated and physically fitter population than most of Europe. The don't have as many obsese people and smokers. They have lower heart disease and cancer rates than most other countries. To top it all they are much better at following rules than we are. I don't have the stats to prove this but I have spent a lot of time there and my strong impression is that Germany is years ahead of the UK in most areas of infrastructure and presumably they have better health care as well. It is just a more advanced country than here.
My brother who lives in Sweden reckons that’s similar to why they’ve not got as strict a set of measures yet as other countries, the Swedish are generally very fit (not just the ladies looks of course..).

yes it was big news at the beginning,i think events have got away from the experts so now they are all about social distancing

I suspect the number of cases of people that have caught this virus through touching door handles and inside trains/buses surfaces will be very high and higher than the flu which is less durable as a virus on surfaces. Delighted to hear that you are feeling a bit better. I assume they are still not offering services at this stage to see if you are definitively negative? Must be difficult to know whether to stick or twist in these situations in terms of venturing out without 100% knowing your status now.

Wasn’t sure if you were taking the piss, lol. It would have to be one hell of a sneeze/breath/spit etc to get you in your own garden.
No mate, people are getting texts saying you can open a window only. I was wondering if they are saying it is around in the air now or they are assuming that people are living in a flat. Anyone gobs over my fence and I'll throw a cat on their head.

Reactions: nmc
Day 9 of social distancing. Struck up a conversation with a web designer today.
giphy.gif
Fuck me now that would see me off horrible bastards.

Yes mate, she needs to take care.

Yes. Brazil has just ordered all Drs with diabetes to go home.

The simple answer to that is yes, there aren't enough details to quantify that when you factor in age and general health but I would assume that she should take every precaution like I and many others are doing.

Cheers to everyone. She is taking precautions but she has to go out once in a while for grocery shopping or other essentials. The only problem is she is in India and i am in the US. So can't even travel now because of all this.

No mate, people are getting texts saying you can open a window only. I was wondering if they are saying it is around in the air now or they are assuming that people are living in a flat. Anyone gobs over my fence and I'll throw a cat on their head.
Yeah, only just read last few pages after replying and see what’s said, that’s fucking mental. No way can you expect old people to not even tend their garden, that’s all that some of them live for.

well I think thats bollocks, on our beach whenever we see a fat fucker in speedos the first thing we say is...bloody germans, and we are normally right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.