COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe boris is doing the nice aproach first
Trump currently saying that the US will be lifting social distancing restrictions "fairly soon", despite the fact that the US will lead the world in cases by the weekend. Pouring petrol on an electrical fire.
in less than a months time the public are going to be running around like chickens with no heads, an absolute recipe for disaster with all those guns, civil disorder on a scale you could not imagine

So go complain at them then, we may have been doing better than the country you reside in. The point squirty is making, which you seem to be missing, is that while we might not be getting it totally right, we are doing better than where you chose to live, so coming here to slag the UK off is just wrong.

No it isn’t and it’s completely moronic to suggest so. I am far more worried about the health and well-being of my family in the UK than I am here.

And i’m not complaining about Spain because imo they are doing and have done for the past two weeks everything in their power to save lives. I don’t believe that’s the same in the UK.

Who is doing better right now in terms of numbers isn’t what’s important.

As an e-bay buyer I`ve had a couple of e-mails through over the past 7 days and even asking me where the safest place to leave any items that would not fit through the letterbox.Also any items that require a signature should be done by the driver,but only once he has knocked on your door and stood well away from you but only sign on your behalf after his request.
Makes perfect sense to me and one that I`m more than happy to conform with.Well done those carriers.
For ages i have had a recyling bin right next to the front door with a big sign on the door that i am slow to get to the door and just put deliveries in the bin,they are more than happy to get away quickly and sign for it

Listen, the horror and sorrow of what we are going to witness in the next few months... it's car pile up in extreme slow motion. We know it's going to happen, we can't really look away. At least Boris's bluffs and half-measures have us scratching our heads, and the situation will result in us lot taking great satisfaction in pointing fingers at people (really, pictures of people) who we are certain are being selfish. As we've seen this weekend, calling people selfish cunts, traitors, and feeling justified about it and everyone agrees with you.... it just never gets boring.

What is this now... page 1912, 1913? Surely I can't be the first one to compare this to the Nazi's? Germany, the home front, WW2. Boredom, emptiness, and loneliness were rampant problems... but apparantly the best thing happened, and it turned into one continuous session of pointing fingers, accusing your neighbours of being traitors to the cause... they say the months and years just flew by. And they didn't even have what we do, public naming and shaming of endlessly reposted strangers on social media!

Trust me. We'll be FINE.

Fair point but "government" saw it coming for years, this virus has only been coming for weeks, and the measures are already drastic, will we have rationing soon, due to the idiots buying everything possible, most of which (fresh produce) will be thrown out before even being used, and you can't eat soap and toilet rolls.

To be fair this was being flagged at Christmas but we were all too busy with the festivities and leaving the EU .... steps could have begun then. As for buying I have seen things getting better in the shops yesterday and today and if travel restrictions are enforced stocks can be replenished and the shelves needn't be cleared by locusts the minute bog rolls or eggs arrive. Should alleviate any shortages. Stores can also continue to enforce their own "two limit" or whatever to products at the till.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.