Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Weird that the actually PFA are saying one thing but leaks from the players at saying another.

doesn’t anyone else find that concerning? Who’s actually in control of the PFA and what’s their goal?
Perhaps I've missed it but which players have actually been quoted as saying they want to conclude the season behind closed doors?

Perhaps I've missed it but which players have actually been quoted as saying they want to conclude the season behind closed doors?
That’s my point, the players haven’t but the deputy chief executive has recently been mouthing off saying the players are okay with it.

It all depends on how long lockdown lasts. Games will only take place after this behind closed doors to start with.
If there is time to finish this year’s league calendar of 9 games without compromising next season’s league then they will get it done.
There is no way they will risk losing the revenue from a full season just to finish the previous one.
There’s also the small consideration of playing the Euros and European cups.
If lockdown continues beyond June I think it will be v difficult to finish this season.

That’s my point, the players haven’t but the deputy chief executive has recently been mouthing off saying the players are okay with it.
Ahh, I thought the PFA were saying it can't go ahead. I'm going dizzy with the amount of information thrown at us nowadays, that's not a symptom is it?

First time I’ve heard someone actually say it as it is last nigh Goldstein on talksport saying he can’t see any sport until there is a vaccine! For me that is the reality why aren’t we reading hearing more of this? Is it we don’t want to panic the public even more!?

how long do we go before voiding the leagues is the only sensible option

the longer we go and having a shortened new season has a massive financial impact on all lower league clubs and maybe some prem teams

I think people would be more sympathetic to Liverpool if it wasn't for the fans cultish, arrogant, mentally disturbing behavior.
The continued "It's our year" (every year). Self proclaimed "European Royalty". "It means more". TV coverage of their matches always showing the entire YNWA tune (why not other clubs anthems?)
Any other clubs fans cause mayhem and they are thugs/louts. Dippers do anything they want and it's "Passion".
The constant early celebrations every christmas when they think they have already won it. And the opened topped bus is already booked and scarves printed.
Yet they never learn that nothing is over until it's over. I don't think it helped when even the commentators kept referring to them as the champions. (forgetting to add on "elect")

It doesn't really matter now if they continue the season (and they officially win it). Or just award it too them. Or void the season. Any joy is gone. Any celebration would be deemed inappropriate.
I would normally say the phrase ""you couldn't make it up, and then laugh at them. But i'm not laughing at them. I just think any decision is just putting an end to a grizzly episode.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.