Have you, or anybody you know, got the virus yet?

On day 2 of isolation / quarantine. Havent had a day off sick in 14 years but got a temp of 38.4 sunday and over 39 yesterday with a splitting headache; only a mild cough though. Think ive sweated the worst of it out as my temp has dropped, so it just feels like a really bad hangover now. Im in my 40s, and in the military, so reasonaby fit, and it has knocked me off my feet for a couple of days so please dont underestimate this. At work we stood down any vulnerable people last week and the rest of us will be keeping critical outputs going, on standby, or supporting any government taskings. The planning was on 10 to 20% of us being in isolation at any one time so i've just got mine in early.

FFS As one son in Stretford seems to be almost clear, my other lad & girlfriend in Oxfordshire are on the way in with it... temps, coughs & isolation just begun.

On day 2 of isolation / quarantine. Havent had a day off sick in 14 years but got a temp of 38.4 sunday and over 39 yesterday with a splitting headache; only a mild cough though. Think ive sweated the worst of it out as my temp has dropped, so it just feels like a really bad hangover now. Im in my 40s, and in the military, so reasonaby fit, and it has knocked me off my feet for a couple of days so please dont underestimate this. At work we stood down any vulnerable people last week and the rest of us will be keeping critical outputs going, on standby, or supporting any government taskings. The planning was on 10 to 20% of us being in isolation at any one time so i've just got mine in early.
Good luck with the recovery buddy. Your country needs you.

Last edited:
Worrying times for you. Stay strong, thoughts are with you and your family.

Can’t wait for this virus to disappear from all our lives.
Indeed, the one plus is they're fit & young so should be better equipped than the older generation but dosen't take the worry away for all of us does it?

@Big Blue Mick how are you feeling?

Indeed, the one plus is they're fit & young so should be better equipped than the older generation but dosen't take the worry away for all of us does it?

No it doesn’t, the worry of recent events involving family members has left me questioning my own health. Yesterday I developed a sore throat and a tightness in my chest. Worried enough that I may be developing Covid, so told the missus it was not going to be her lucky night and I was self isolating in a separate bed. No temperature today so thankfully probably a false alarm, just me being a soft arse with the worry just as the missus predicted.

Edit 9:49pm
Results released show our young Granddaughter has been cleared of having Covid-19. Tomorrow they will see if she can breathe completely without any help. Thank you everyone for your kind words. Looks like we have a new blue we need to introduce to the City family.

Last edited:
Just heard the mum of someone I know has it. Hospital 95% sure but have sent her home to be monitored by the family as they say she’ll
Be safer at home

@Big Blue Mick how are you feeling?
Im feeling a lot better today thanks. Just feel like i've woken up on a park bench after a 2 day drinking binge (it has been known).

It shows that the numbers being given for people infected are worthless. When i checked on Sunday it said there were only 7 in the county i live. I've got 6 from my Sqn in isolation at the moment, 4 of whom have all the symptoms, whilst 2 just have a cough. All untested as hospital is not required. I couldn't even start to guess the real figure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.