NHS and all key workers

So many retired nhs workers returning . These people do this while many in this country cant follow simple advice

Because they're driven by a sense of public service, something the Tories don't even recognise, as they gleefully privatise the public sphere. When this is all over, it must be remembered that before this pandemic, these key workers were treated as a drain on the economy, non-productive, a cost to the tax payer, their wages low and kept low.

The Tories have always made a distinction between public sector workers and taxpayers, as if somehow to be fair to one is unfair to the other.

Well, we're depending on these public sector workers for our lives now, what's the price on that?

Last edited:
Fantastic, cannot praise these people enough for their commitment and dedication.

From my own limited experience this week I know of council services, shifting towards 7 days a week service, requiring changing shift patterns to incorporate weekends, evenings etc but little complaint from those required to undertake this work even though some are within poorly paid sectors.

It is times like this you are grateful for these structures in our society, and I can only hope at the end of this their dedication is fully appreciated.

I'm a key worker. I'm responsible for 100's of staff that are forward facing public service. I've lost over 20% of my staff self isolating. I have people coming in work that are high risk, they shouldn't be in work but their sense of public duty overrides their desire to protect themselves. We are short of PPE equipment but we still attend every incident to try and protect our communities. I'm working 12 to 14 hours a day and have been doing for about 3 weeks to try and make sure that I have contingencies in place to make sure we can serve the public every minute of every day. I've seen very little of my family. So far we are just about coping, but I've got say I'm worried about the coming weeks. It's going to be a real challenge but we will get through this, no doubt. Stay in folks, look after yourselves and see you on the other side.

I'm a key worker. I'm responsible for 100's of staff that are forward facing public service. I've lost over 20% of my staff self isolating. I have people coming in work that are high risk, they shouldn't be in work but their sense of public duty overrides their desire to protect themselves. We are short of PPE equipment but we still attend every incident to try and protect our communities. I'm working 12 to 14 hours a day and have been doing for about 3 weeks to try and make sure that I have contingencies in place to make sure we can serve the public every minute of every day. I've seen very little of my family. So far we are just about coping, but I've got say I'm worried about the coming weeks. It's going to be a real challenge but we will get through this, no doubt. Stay in folks, look after yourselves and see you on the other side.
Although the message to stay at home seems not yet to be fully getting through. Hopefully it will sooner not later time is not on our side. Many thanks to all ov you during these troubled times

Because they're driven by a sense of public service, something the Tories don't even recognise, as they gleefully privatise the public sphere. When this is all over, it must be remembered that before this pandemic, these key workers were treated as a drain on the economy, non-productive, a cost to the tax payer, their wages low and kept low.

The Tories have always made a distinction between public sector workers and taxpayers, as if somehow to be fair to one is unfair to the other.

Well, we're depending on these public sector workers for our lives now, what's the price on that?

Well bloody said!!!!

And all this time politicians have been arguing about and under funding the NHS. They need a serious rethink after this and pay these guys properly. Seriously undervalued and under paid.

And all this time politicians have been arguing about and under funding the NHS. They need a serious rethink after this and pay these guys properly. Seriously undervalued and under paid.
Won’t be any money in the pot and by the time there is it will all be forgotten, why, because we coped, when in reality are we fuck, we’ve had it in the fire brigade for years, because we make things work when really they shouldn’t, they say we coped, but only by the grace of god have we. The moorland fires were a great example we were on our arse, pulling brigades in from all over the country to help, all now a distant memory and still they’ve been cutting us to the bone. I see no difference in a few years after this, but then I’m a cynical bastard apparently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.