Watching old City matches

And guess which club, one of the biggest exponents of the backpass, hasn’t won the title since that rule was introduced?

Souness to Hansen, short pass to Lawrenson, Lawrenson back to Grobellar....

Long ball to Dalgliesh, back to Souness, short to Hansen

You get the picture.

p02bkht5.jpg

"Eight bloody one!"
Haggerty F
Haggerty R
Tompkins
Noble
Carrick
Robson
Cropper
Dewhurst
McIntyre
Treadmore
Davitt

Souness to Hansen, short pass to Lawrenson, Lawrenson back to Grobellar....

Long ball to Dalgliesh, back to Souness, short to Hansen

You get the picture.
I actually remember...more vividly than the above.....Clemence...roll the ball out to Neal.Neal to Thompson..Thompson tp Hansen...Hansen to Kennedy..
Kennedy back to the Keeper Clemence...yawn.Greatest football team ever...

i have found over the last couple of weeks watching old games that football today is nothing like the old game. it was a simple game back then and played with respect and no cheating by diving or fake injuries and rolling about like you have been shot. also the fitness and speed was nothing like today the speed of the game today is crazy. and the back pass rule when teams would kill the game or find a way of getting their breath back and just give it to the keeper

also the referees was not a major talking point and did not control the game like today and players just got on with it. football back then was simple and the fans was a big part of the game and you really could make a difference to your team. i love the old game and watching them back now is a lesson to all the players in the game today respect each other and don't cheat and try and win a free kick or pen and get somebody sent off to win a game

i have found over the last couple of weeks watching old games that football today is nothing like the old game. it was a simple game back then and played with respect and no cheating by diving or fake injuries and rolling about like you have been shot. also the fitness and speed was nothing like today the speed of the game today is crazy. and the back pass rule when teams would kill the game or find a way of getting their breath back and just give it to the keeper

also the referees was not a major talking point and did not control the game like today and players just got on with it. football back then was simple and the fans was a big part of the game and you really could make a difference to your team. i love the old game and watching them back now is a lesson to all the players in the game today respect each other and don't cheat and try and win a free kick or pen and get somebody sent off to win a game

You forgot pitches, good old fashioned shitheaps, and grounds , proper obstructed views, planks to sit on and bovril, the good ol days. ;)

You forgot pitches, good old fashioned shitheaps, and grounds , proper obstructed views, planks to sit on and bovril, the good ol days. ;)

yep all of them as well. even the smells of the hot dogs/burgers carts outside they would push around ? also the dog shit cobbled aile at the bottom of the kippax to the platt lane stand we used to run out about 10 minutes from the end to get in the platt lane stand hahahaha. football was a joy and to think most still think it was just hooligans fighting each other every week

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.