The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

How do you feel about NHS staff getting separate hours at Iceland and Asda?

I've been hearing a bit of stuff of some staff abusing the system by dragging along friends and family or anecdotally about NHS staff having ID stolen.

The latter of that is nonsense as you need photo ID to match your face!

I have mixed feelings on it, as I do the right thing and use a basket for the fam and not a huge trolley piling shit in, but then I see some staff members doing just that.
I’m all for them being given allocated slots, I actually believe that they should be getting their goods delivered directly and not having to spend an hour or so travelling and shopping when they probably could do with the rest. but if they’re taking the piss then that’s not on either.

Last edited:
Haven't panic shopped and after yesterday's announcement thought I fkd up.
Went to Iceland outlet and very few people there, everyone respected each other and stood to the back of the till until the one in front served.
If this is how it will be then we will all manage.
Had 2 carrier bags of stuff that will last us around 5 day's (plenty of bog roll but restricted).

Got some loo roll today that i forgot i had ordered,i rang 4 of my neighbours and said i never thought i would ever say this to you but i am going to leave some loo roll on your doorstep lol,one is going to cut my lawn in return

Got some loo roll today that i forgot i had ordered,i rang 4 of my neighbours and said i never thought i would ever say this to you but i am going to leave some loo roll on your doorstep lol,one is going to cut my lawn in return
The loo roll fairy has been mum

Given up on local supermarkets. We had a load of fresh fruit and veg delivered by local greengrocer wholesaler today who is doing drop offs, maybe paid an extra quid that we would from Supermarket prices, milk from milk man which we will carry on after this dies down as it was waiting at 6am when I got up and comes from Farm 15 mins away. After all this stops my days of doing a big shop at Supermarket are over tbh, we have cut back on eating junky stuff and have been using stuff we would normally throw to make nice soups etc, been a bit of an eye opener, also managed to grab some sausages, beef mince and chicken breasts from butcher on way home from work the other night, same price as supermarket but 1 breast was nearly double the size of the usual ones from Sainsburys...

I think a lot of people are just going to have to go out in the end,the local small shops are doing ok,it seems everyone is headed for the supermarkets
You can get quite a lot of snacks etc from amazon

Amazon is lethal!
Bought two boxes of 48 Cadburys Creme eggs (one original one Oreo)
I will die of diabetes long before Covid19!

Went to Iceland outlet and very few people there,

Its funny coz I went to Iceland this evening - didn't know they were doing 6 - 7pm NHS staff only ( judging by the scrawled note on the door may not be a business wide thing ) but oddly the doors didn't open and a member of staff approached them and asked for my NHS id. There was NOBODY in there and all the staff were sat about 3 feet away from each other !! I only wanted a frozen pizza and some Greggs sausage rolls.

Anyway I have found stocks seem to be better as people consume or wipe their arse on their panic bought stocks plus if you go @ tea time its piss easy to practise social distancing as there are only two or three of you in the whole store !

Not seen a bog roll for a couple of weeks. Popped into Lidl this a.m. and there was a huge pile of multipacks 36 rolls. Hey, I can go for a shit now!
(And for the next 12 months)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.