COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf to @Chippy_boy when he wrote those posts we weren't in a national crisis, and even though I disagree with his opinions he had his reasons for saying them.
I'm sure in the current climate he's as grateful as everybody else for the work they have done, and continue to do in the face of risk to life on a daily basis.

if the question is " why has no-one got the right PPE" and he answers " I think the question is... " " or today we have mobilised the Army" his response isn't worth the hot air its carried on and she is justified in cutting him off. Politicians have got used to an easy ride with interviewers but this is different gravy and its answer the question ya cnut or fuck off.....

Forgive me for wanting to hear the answers to the actual questions rather than making my mind up on his first 3 or 4 words. Or wanting to hear from the people actually in charge of the country rather than no nothing 'journalists' with a bee in their bonnet. There really is no point having anyone on the programme if you are not going to give them chance to even try to answer the questions. Very, very poor. Childish in fact. She could do a training video entitled "how to get absolutely nothing from your interviewee".

Tbf to @Chippy_boy when he wrote those posts we weren't in a national crisis, and even though I disagree with his opinions he had his reasons for saying them.
I'm sure in the current climate he's as grateful as everybody else for the work they have done, and continue to do in the face of risk to life on a daily basis.
The bit about them not being angels and they chose it and get paid for it was way out of order,they and the ones returning to put their own lives at risk should speak for itself,most of that post was patronising bollocks,for nurses,drs and the others it is a vocation not a job

I agree.

I watched and cringed at his responses in the interview and said to the Mrs, it's like he thinks it's a general election campaign where bullshit and bluster are order of the day. Maitliss was asking pretty basic questions like "how many ventilators have we got?" and "these new ones - when are we getting them - will they be ready in time?"

Would have been nice to hear an answer instead of a twat in party political broadcast bullshit mode.

What's "in time " ? In time to save 500 lives, 1000, 10,000 ? Nonsensical question

I’m also sure we’ll see the benefits of having a state owned and operated healthcare system, however imperfect, when comparing it to one that is palpably not, in the next few weeks.

ah -but have you revised your view on the NHS?
Not really no. It has its merits such as being universally available and cheap. But it's not particularly good by comparison with our peer countries and I'd like to see it improved. It is not particularly inspiring to me to discover that we have significantly worse ICU capacity than Italy for example, and dramatically worse than Germany. Is it to you?

That is not to say I am ungrateful to the people who work in it nor that they are not doing their utmost in extremely difficult circumstances at the moment.

Watching with horror at what's going on in America. Trump is a car crash. He's fucking terrifying and he's going to cast so many lives.

:(

Not really no. It has its merits such as being universally available and cheap. But it's not particularly good by comparison with our peer countries and I'd like to see it improved. It is not particularly inspiring to me to discover that we have significantly worse ICU capacity than Italy for example, and dramatically worse than Germany. Is it to you?
What about the American model? How do you think that’s going to fare in the next few weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.