Self-employed & Coronavirus

If this is true, then it’s absolute bullshit. Why on earth do the self-employed have to wait until the end of May to get help?! How are people expected to live until then with no income?

Think its quite likely to be true.

Already confusion over what security on a loan can lenders ask for. If the borrower's business can't recover, apparently the lender would have to chase the borrower for security (e.g. van, property other than principal home) before the government will cover the lender's loss. And lenders must first assess whether the business is viable (I'm not sure whether that means viable ante-virus, or viable post-virus with the economy wrecked).

If they base payments on taxable earnings, the only good thing going forwards will be less tax avoidance by not declaring earnings and working for cash.

do not judge everyone by your own levels of morality. i have always declared my earnings , cash, bacs or cheque. i want to be a fully paid up member of Society. Now i feel like a bit part player.

I am sure that you didnt mean everyone

Presumably it’ll have to be backdated?
I'd have thought so. I was expecting it to take a few weeks to be honest . I’m expecting 80% or last years earnings and I suppose HMRC will have a lot of work on processing the 80% for employees as well as self employed applications that will need to submit bank details for payment all with no extra staff. Hopefully it isn’t May , end of April I could manage End of May I’ll struggle but could defer some payments. At least if we know moneys coming. For people like @blueinsa, new start ups, it will be a bigger worry.

Probably the most difficult time I've ever experienced as self employed. This too shall pass and hopefully we,ll come through this

Hope this sorted ASAP, I’m a self employed taxi driver and having to work so I’ve got something coming in, not ideal having folk sat a couple of yards away handing over cash

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.