UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been covered as I havent been keeping up with football lately but I have one question.

Due to this terrible virus, and the possible delay in the CAS hearing.

And I understand football might not be going ahead anyway

But if champions leagues goes ahead next season and we are ban because of a delay to our hearing at CAS. Than once CAS has found us not guilty will City be able to sue UEFA for loss of income for that season we have missed through not fault of our own ?

I would imagine so, can't see why not, we see recompense for various 'miscarriages of justice' (for want of a better phrase) and compensation paid out, as I understand it, this is where we'd have a very good case in that UEFA have acted as 'Judge, Jury and executioner', so, they have to run an objectively fair process if they purport to sit in judgement.

Sorry if this has been covered as I havent been keeping up with football lately but I have one question.

Due to this terrible virus, and the possible delay in the CAS hearing.

And I understand football might not be going ahead anyway

But if champions leagues goes ahead next season and we are ban because of a delay to our hearing at CAS. Than once CAS has found us not guilty will City be able to sue UEFA for loss of income for that season we have missed through not fault of our own ?
I'm sure we will be able to do that. And the more O think about it, the more I suspect that us not asking for a suspension of the ban via CAS is a 'who blinks first' tactic. If UEFA don't suspend the ban, we miss out on CL but it's subsequently set aside by CAS, then we sue the arse off them. Their finances don't appear to be that healthy so that could potentially be fatal for them. Even better, they might have to significantly reduce CL prize money, which will hit the ****s Cartel.

If, as we suspect, UEFA's case is (literally) paper thin, then they won't want to risk that happening so they'll hopefully suspend the ban unilaterally & we can then say "Well we didn't ask for that"

I'm sure we will be able to do that. And the more O think about it, the more I suspect that us not asking for a suspension of the ban via CAS is a 'who blinks first' tactic. If UEFA don't suspend the ban, we miss out on CL but it's subsequently set aside by CAS, then we sue the arse off them. Their finances don't appear to be that healthy so that could potentially be fatal for them. Even better, they might have to significantly reduce CL prize money, which will hit the ****s Cartel.

If, as we suspect, UEFA's case is (literally) paper thin, then they won't want to risk that happening so they'll hopefully suspend the ban unilaterally & we can then say "Well we didn't ask for that"

Thing is though the rags will get that a slot and the money thus helping them out in there need that the rags plan I expect they won’t give a shit if sue them if we not in it. It’s self interest as always by the scum and the Glazers.

A very good point re brinkmanship and a good tactic by the club. I wonder whether 10 Premier League Clubs will get a claim for damages for being complicit in any ban we serve!

A very good point re brinkmanship and a good tactic by the club. I wonder whether 10 Premier League Clubs will get a claim for damages for being complicit in any ban we serve!

Was thinking the same but surely these clubs wont put themselves in a position were we might sue the arses of them ? Not sure if we could sue them for trying to influence CAS

I suspect this letter is made up bollocks. The ban will likely be suspended regardless of us asking for a suspension or others demanding it is imposed purely as part of due legal process while appeals are heard.

It seems odd on the face of it. You'd think someone at least one of those clubs would say something along the lines of "We won't get anywhere with this and if it gets out, we could end up on the receiving end of legal action from City for interfering in the appeal process which in turn could cost us a fortune and potentially cripple us"

Relaxed ffp? Does that mean we could in theory go and buy Mane, Salah and vvd at prices Liverpool just couldn’t refuse. How funny would that be

I wouldn't want to give them large sums like they got for Coutinho, it may help them out of a financial hole.

I hope City go after top young players at none cartel clubs. Like Haaland at Dortmund. If you give big money to Dortmund then Bayern will suddenly have much more competition.

Yes it is something I have wondered for a while now. It's true teams play for professional pride but last season in particular I noticed a different approach from certain teams to ourselves and Liverpool. Burnley were a prime example. They went to Anfield and instead of their usual 11 men behind the ball approach they played an alien more expansive game, with the odd cock up thrown in. Contrast that to when they played us at their place when it was again 11 men behind the ball and superhuman efforts from every player. Wankers.
Add to that keepers having stinkers, players missing sitters/ducking out if the way & that's before we start on media, Pigmol & VAR.

I read it the other way around. It's City's appeal that is in effect suspended so we are out of Europe now unless we do something.

I can't see anyone with a lawyer in tow would take a suspension of an appeal as though the appeal hadn't been lodged. If we are excluded from the CL for next season because the appeal was put on the back burner, and then CAS get round to it before too long and find in our favour then the canutes at Uefa will not only have shot off both feet but both kneecaps and an elbow!

I wonder how FFP would address the issue of clubs, owned by the wealthy and not raising too much income whilst the game is suspended, having 'income' inflated by a lusty and generous 'investment' by said owner. Surely it would be better for these clubs to survive, one way or the other, than go under 'cos FFP rules exclude 'investment'! I wonder if Uefa would suspend their FFP regs in such 'exceptional times'?

I can't see anyone with a lawyer in tow would take a suspension of an appeal as though the appeal hadn't been lodged. If we are excluded from the CL for next season because the appeal was put on the back burner, and then CAS get round to it before too long and find in our favour then the canutes at Uefa will not only have shot off both feet but both kneecaps and an elbow!

I wonder how FFP would address the issue of clubs, owned by the wealthy and not raising too much income whilst the game is suspended, having 'income' inflated by a lusty and generous 'investment' by said owner. Surely it would be better for these clubs to survive, one way or the other, than go under 'cos FFP rules exclude 'investment'! I wonder if Uefa would suspend their FFP regs in such 'exceptional times'?
Inpenetrable. Not even going to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.