Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

And every team miss out on £100m+ TV money. Not so sure myself. Think the chairmen would take 75% this year 100% next year to cancel it.
If football doesn’t start until Feb/March 2021/that’s a year of no games as far as the telly companies are concerned. So there’s going to be a reckoning whether the league is voided or finished.

If it is possible to resume football in Jan/Feb 2021, what are the options? Finishing off this season, playing some meaningless drastically reduced 20/21 season, or delaying the PL until after the Euros. Which of those options would Sky/Bt prefer?

They would, but if they void this season then Liverpool, United, Leicester, Leeds, WBA etc would have something to say about. As would players if they lost out on appearance money and bonuses. I think the PL would rather take on Fulham than those.

Point taken, but if everything was nulled then its the proverbial level playing field. Not favouring some and disadvantageing others. A lot easier to defend.

Well done UEFA. CL game between Valencia and Atalanta has been called "game zero" and medical experts have called it the "biological bomb" that they have no doubt has helped to spread this virus.

PL no fucking better in wanting their shitty competition back on and they dont care at what expense either.

The longer this goes on the more I realise football isn't the great game I thought it was, full of greedy backstabbing arseholes and I haven't missed it after the first few weekends tbh.
I find myself thinking regardless of when it gets back, whether it’s cancelled or not, whether we are banned or not, I think I’m finally through with football.
I’d love to see us win this battle and bring the whole thing down, but even with Covid thrown in, I don’t see that being the final outcome.
As much as I love City and will still watch our games, I just can’t find myself having a vested emotional attachment to football if we continue playing their corrupt tournaments in their present forms.
That goes for domestic, European, and FIFA as things stand.

Football and the TV vested interests, in these worrying times are showing themselves up for what they are.
I think I can live without it quite comfortably.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be ironic if the dippers do win the league with a rearranged game on Friday 29th may. I wonder how the meedya will report this

The April 30 return date for English football is to be put back, as a result of the continuing crisis caused by the COVID-19 outbreak. A new date is expected to be announced next week, following a meeting between the Premier League and EFL

@MailSport

With the 2019/20 Emirates FA Cup at an advanced stage, the Football Association are reviewing 'all options' as they aim to complete the competition when it is 'safe and appropriate' to do so

@FA

FIFA are set to propose that expiring player contracts should be extended until the new date of the end of the season. New contracts should be pushed back to the new start date of the new season

@MailSport

Slow death,just null and void the season and be done with it,edging back slowly is a nonsense when there is a pandemic !!

This Self Isolating thing is a load of bollocks unless you back it up with testing!. I reckon 99% of people SI for 7 days have a normal cold so after 7 days they come out to the world again and could pick it up. as I said without testing its complete bollocks. I cant understand why all govs are not making this their priority and getting them out in their millions!
Simple, nowhere near enough kits or facilities to process. Given the worlds reaction this is unprecented in our life time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.