Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The longer this goes on the more I realise football isn't the great game I thought it was, full of greedy backstabbing arseholes and I haven't missed it after the first few weekends tbh.
I’m missing cricket, rugby, even tiddlywinks, but not football one bit. That says it all

If football doesn’t start until Feb/March 2021/that’s a year of no games as far as the telly companies are concerned. So there’s going to be a reckoning whether the league is voided or finished.

If it is possible to resume football in Jan/Feb 2021, what are the options? Finishing off this season, playing some meaningless drastically reduced 20/21 season, or delaying the PL until after the Euros. Which of those options would Sky/Bt prefer?
Sky and BT might not recover from this. I would be surprised if the next football season isn’t 2021/22 and there’s a more than good chance they won’t survive that. Of course, if they don’t, all those teams that rely on tv money and very little else, will be gone as well. Not only those teams but the American owners must be shitting themselves at that thought as well, although the rest of Europe would love it...

I have no issue with the season continuing where it left off, when it safe to do so. The media aren't making anything of this but its still possible that City could finish the season with 3 trophies, so it's not like we have a lot to gain by it being scrapped.

That being said this is probably the second time I've posted in the football forum since the Coronavirus issue escalated as I've been keeping an eye on the Off Topic thread. Quite simply there are much bigger issues in the world right now than football or if and when the season restarts.

The fact some clubs have actively been trying to use the situation to their advantage RE City's case with UEFA is one of the most disgusting things I've heard in football in a while, not because it's potentially to the detriment of City but because they should all have been spending their time thinking how they could support their communities at this time. Everyone involved should be fucking ashamed of themselves and fair play to Martin Samuel for calling it out.

The April 30 return date for English football is to be put back, as a result of the continuing crisis caused by the COVID-19 outbreak. A new date is expected to be announced next week, following a meeting between the Premier League and EFL

@MailSport

With the 2019/20 Emirates FA Cup at an advanced stage, the Football Association are reviewing 'all options' as they aim to complete the competition when it is 'safe and appropriate' to do so

@FA

FIFA are set to propose that expiring player contracts should be extended until the new date of the end of the season. New contracts should be pushed back to the new start date of the new season

@MailSport

Slow death,just null and void the season and be done with it,edging back slowly is a nonsense when there is a pandemic !!

Football... full of power crazed idiots. So FIFA think they can tell an individual player that his contract must be extended beyond 30th June. NO they can’t. The contract between City and Claudio Bravo expires on 30th June. Only with the mutual agreed of the two parties to the agreement (City and Bravo) can the contract be extended.

Football... full of power crazed idiots. So FIFA think they can tell an individual player that his contract must be extended beyond 30th June. NO they can’t. The contract between City and Claudio Bravo expires on 30th June. Only with the mutual agreed of the two parties to the agreement (City and Bravo) can the contract be extended.
Same with dave,it will be interesting to see what happens with players moving clubs/countries,how can they do that with lockdowns in different countries and social distancing,what about the removal people and 100 other people involved in a move

Questions questions

Same with dave,it will be interesting to see what happens with players moving clubs/countries,how can they do that with lockdowns in different countries and social distancing,what about the removal people and 100 other people involved in a move

Questions questions

Once a players out of contract he’s out of contract.

I think I read yesterday that it was 2 weeks since our game against arsenal was called of, only two weeks ago if feels like two months. The longer this goes on it becomes more ridiculous to try to restart this season on so many fronts. The league is meant to be played over 8/9 months , if we end up with a 5 month gap, in my eyes its not the same season. I am guessing the only people who want the gap no matter how long is the Liverpool loving press and media and fans. Do players who are retiring at the end of the season want to wait enough 6 months ? Do players that have contracts that finish in June want to extend ? Do managers that might be moving on want to stay another 6 months ? What happens to the summer transfer window is that scraped so clubs finish the season with the 25 players they have now ? Null n void is right on so many fronts

this season never happen if it means handing back the league cup so be it. Summer transfer window goes ahead as normal, players contracts finish as normal , every one gets ready to go again when every the new season starts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.