Self-employed & Coronavirus

Seeing the concerns of many on here, and other social media channels, who don’t qualify as they’ve either recently set up their business, or are the sole director of a company, then surely Sunak’s claim that “95% of people who are majority self-employed will benefit from this scheme” seems improbable to me.

Seeing the concerns of many on here, and other social media channels, who don’t qualify as they’ve either recently set up their business, or are the sole director of a company, then surely Sunak’s claim that “95% of people who are majority self-employed will benefit from this scheme” seems improbable to me.
I feel sick to the pit of my stomach.

I work hard, i pay myself a salary that is actually what i earn (no cash in hand), i pay NI. I dont cheat by paying myself in dividends. 15 years trading.

Looks like im getting nowt. Mrs works but im the main earner.

I closed up shop on monday night believing it the right thing to do. Morally correct and for good of the country. Regretting my decision now and wish id cracked on like all the other selfish fuckers.

Its hit home hard tonight that im fucked financially. Was happy to just about scrape by with a little help.

Now what do i do?

So are those who are the only director of a limited company completely fucked by this? Not technically self-employed, and can’t furlough yourself either?

As far as I can tell, if the eligibility criteria remains the same then yeah, most will be pretty well screwed.

Between a rock & a hard place by the looks of it.

Can take advantage of the Job Retention Scheme but only if I furlough myself. If I do that it means I must not work at all.

If I don't work work at all throughout this then I'll go out of business.

Not the best options really.

As it is now, I've received one sales receipt for invoices issued at the end of Feb. March invoices go out next week and I don't expect any of them to be paid.

I feel sick to the pit of my stomach.

I work hard, i pay myself a salary that is actually what i earn (no cash in hand), i pay NI. I dont cheat by paying myself in dividends. 15 years trading.

Looks like im getting nowt. Mrs works but im the main earner.

I closed up shop on monday night believing it the right thing to do. Morally correct and for good of the country. Regretting my decision now and wish id cracked on like all the other selfish fuckers.

Its hit home hard tonight that im fucked financially. Was happy to just about scrape by with a little help.

Now what do i do?
Re open..?

As far as I can tell, if the eligibility criteria remains the same then yeah, most will be pretty well screwed.

Can take advantage of the Job Retention Scheme but only if I furlough myself. If I do that it means I must not work at all.

As it is now, I've received one sales receipt for invoices issued at the end of Feb. March invoices go out next week and I don't expect any of them to be paid.
Scary times, eh mate. Seeing Sunak say “we’ve not forgotten about you” doesn’t seem so reassuring now.

i'm well out of my realm of knowledge on this thread so should probably not post but I feel for all of the the people who take the risk of taking their future into their own hands.
Is it feasible for those of you like cheesy to furlough yourself, wrap up the company and then start a new company to build business for the future? Can you benefit from the furlough 80% whilst you set up the new company?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.