Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The FA Cup final could be played in the autumn, and possibly as late as October 2020. The Football Association are also exploring ways of getting the ties played with behind-closed-doors, but no date has yet been set on when they might take place.

@MirrorFootball

What is it they are not getting that behind closed doors is no different for the players,they are still humans who are going to get or be isolating because others have it,it is a contact sport with tons of gob all over the place not to mention all the coaches,staff,ambulance crew,physios etc etc etc

I have thought for a while they were on a different planet and so they are

They are looking like absolute tossers,money before health

I’m trying to take a non-partisan view to this, and recognise that starting elite footy even behind closed sports could boost national morale, that ideally the competitions should be finished.
Are football clubs medical staff currently pitching in with the wider community effort? If not (and i suspect the answer is Not) what negative difference would it make if they were on duty at a behind closed doors football match?
I agree on the police though, and ambulance staff, assuming they are hired form the NHS and not internal club staff.
And of course all those involved would have had to have tested clean, but again, is that using up test kits that the NHS and other front line staff need.
So on balance, my own conclusion is that I also don’t see how they can even contemplate anything like a return at present.

I’m trying to take a non-partisan view to this, and recognise that starting elite footy even behind closed sports could boost national morale, that ideally the competitions should be finished.
Are football clubs medical staff currently pitching in with the wider community effort? If not (and i suspect the answer is Not) what negative difference would it make if they were on duty at a behind closed doors football match?
I agree on the police though, and ambulance staff, assuming they are hired form the NHS and not internal club staff.
And of course all those involved would have had to have tested clean, but again, is that using up test kits that the NHS and other front line staff need.
So on balance, my own conclusion is that I also don’t see how they can even contemplate anything like a return at present.
The only way it could work is to test every body involved in a match day before every single game,i couldn't be comfortable with using those amounts of tests,it would only take one ball boy turning up late and he could have it,also taking staff away from the NHS to attend,what if players get injured,where do they go to get scanned,operations,where the virus is ,it is not on to put football back on which ever way you look at it

Also you have to test the testers,security,coach drivers,caterers

Money is driving the football bodies to even give it a second thought

The only way it could work is to test every body involved in a match day before every single game,i couldn't be comfortable with using those amounts of tests,it would only take one ball boy turning up late and he could have it,also taking staff away from the NHS to attend,what if players get injured,where do they go to get scanned,operations,where the virus is ,it is not on to put football back on which ever way you look at it

Also you have to test the testers,security,coach drivers,caterers

Money is driving the football bodies to even give it a second thought

They are desperate to cash in on the big Scouse victory.

Your conclusion is correct.

When the government is asking for 250,000 volunteers.
When the government is giving out council tax refunds.
When the government is suspending road tax.
When the government is paying people to stay home.

It’s pretty clear the government want the league to be null and void. And stop Liverpool cheating their way to another league title.

It's all about the money. If there was any respect for peoples health, the season would have been abandoned already.

I'm afraid null and void is the only way forward. Tough on Liverpool but if you give them the title, where do you stop with other clubs who have had a good season?

Let's beat Covid 19 and then go again..

It’s amazing with 14, 000 plus European deaths and rising, Football is still being talked about by the authorities as some almost essential in life. The FA, Premier League, UEFA and some of the clubs should be ashamed.

Will be interesting to see how many people realise that they actually don’t need it in their lives when it comes back and fuck it off completely.
I don’t see anything wrong with the FA and PL exploring their options behind the scenes. If anything, it should ensure that all of the reasons why football cannot resume are fully understood. They have a responsibility to their members, players, fans and other stakeholders to be doing the work.

But they should shut up about it. They should make a simple statement that football will not resume until it is safe to do so, and that no decisions will be made until it is clearer when that will be.

Andros Townsend just been interviewed on BBC breakfast and he says the season has to be played to a conclusion, as there are to many vested interests and money involved for it not too .hmmmmm plays for crystal palace so I guess he would say that.

Oliver Kay (@OliverKay) Tweeted:
“If it’s not feasible, just end this league, with whatever consequences that has. There are very few losers. Liverpool, I know, but in the grand scheme of things it really doesn’t matter”
Another PL club exec raises the null-and-void option https://t.co/zmEU3Qts85 @David_Ornstein

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.