UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes, all this stuff makes me feel I am in a lucid dream. Is it really happening or have I had one too many? Mind boggling. A world away from the regime of the Alexanders and other old fashioned gentlemen. To think I stood at the scoreboard end getting piss wet through and freezing cold as we struggled, mid div2, against Argyle and the might of Piper, just a few years ago. Well, about 56 to be exact.

I probably wasn't far away from you at that game!

I don't mind if City never win anything again as long as it exposes and brings down UEFA in the process.
The problem is that is exactly what the cartel want. The old G14 mafia have goaded UEFA in going after City. For them it is win-win. Either City get banned or UEFA go down the pan. The latter scenario opens the way for an new invitation-only European Super League.

There were times at Maine Road when we were all 20yds from each other. The swaying baying Kippax was absent until Uncle Joe arrived.

Ah yes! The days of player wage caps, exposed to all weathers at the scoreboard end, the Kippax being posh because it was covered and you could see both ends -a big bonus in the winter fogs and smogs where the referee would stand at the centre circle and only decide that the game would be played if he could see the goalposts at both ends.

Many is the game I attended where the Platt Lane end was invisible, especially under floodlights. Like the blind we relied on the crowd at the end for an inkling of excitement. It is one of the reasons it was common for supporters to change ends at half time. What price VAR in those days when it was frequently impossible to even see what was happening on the mud heaps that passed as pitches.

This is the nearest that could be described as a level playing field when it came to competitions. No need for FFP then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.