Have you, or anybody you know, got the virus yet?

Each day that passes the more I am convinced millions have had and got it. Many with few or no symptoms.

Again just yesterday CMO for Wales said that before this is out 80% in the UK will have had the virus.

I put on here a few pages back that a mate of mine was in hospital with this but I did not use his name as close family did not want everybody to know but things took a turn for the worst this morning and because he was not responding to treatment he has been put into an induced coma to help his body respond.

I can now tell you that he is one of our own on here, it's " I kne albert davey "

An excellent articulate poster and by all accounts a cracking lad to boot. Get well soon chap.

Last edited:
Each day that passes the more I am convinced millions have had and got it. Many with few or no symptoms.
I've had a "cold" about this time of year for probably 30 years, it usually comprises a mild sore throat especially in a morning, dribbly nose, and a (worsening of) persistent cough. I've always put it down to a hay fever type reaction to tree pollen, as many trees are now flowering, how would I know if I have "mild symptoms" of this virus instead ?

I've only been out for a walk this Tuesday (with brief visit to a supermarket) since Tuesday last week, and I've pretty much had the same symptoms the whole time, I've got to go to a supermarket today as we're out of most perishable goods.

Do you know him ?

Seriously though how many people have "mild symptoms" or even none at all ?

I don’t know but in most countries there seems to only be around a 10% positive test rate. For example the UK is around 100,000 tested with 12,000 positive.

It doesn’t tie in with what most leaders are saying about 60/70% of the population getting it but it does show that there are an awful lot of people that think they have it but don’t.

Totally agree - it has been rife for weeks.

I think we are approaching the peak as they say. We will get through this. Another month and we are hopefully over the worse.

I don’t know but in most countries there seems to only be around a 10% positive test rate. For example the UK is around 100,000 tested with 12,000 positive.

It doesn’t tie in with what most leaders are saying about 60/70% of the population getting it but it does show that there are an awful lot of people that think they have it but don’t.

Or have had it and it has passed.

Similar figures over here. 9-10% of those tested are positive. Because of this the HSE have changed the criteria for testing. You now need to have 2 of the recognised symptoms to be tested.(duck test)Most test centres are drive thru. Sports stadiums, equestrian centres etc. I believe the only way to get a handle on this is to send out home testing kits for everyone, yes I know its a huge task logistically, and sourcing these kits as well as their accuracy is a problem. Need to know who's had it though and protect the vulnerable as best we can.

Fair point but I dont think the tests used tell if a person has had it...I stand to be corrected of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.