Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Some Premier League clubs are resigned to asking players to take pay cuts or defer their wages due to the financial impact of the COVID-19 crisis

Footballers across the Premier League and EFL are furious after being warned they face playing up to three matches in five days once the season returns. Players have also been informed that it is almost inevitable the season will restart behind closed doors.

A large number of players have reservations about returning to action as COVID-19 continues to spread, as they fear passing it on to family members. The prospect of playing three times in 120 hours has added to fears that their concerns are not being considered.

Premier League clubs have been warned not to use the phrase 'null and void' when discussing contingency plans for the rest of the season, as fears grow the campaign will be scrapped. The Premier League have told clubs to use the word 'curtailed' instead

Attempts to resume the Premier League and English Football League seasons after April 30 could be thwarted by players refusing to compete because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic

Players' representatives are exploring whether insurance policies could be declared null and void should their clients contract a potentially career-threatening illness after playing again, and while being aware of the risks involved.

@guardian_sport
@MailSport

@TimesSport

Heaven forbid they should say null and void

Seems to me the football bodies are determined to find a way to finish the season

Some Premier League clubs are resigned to asking players to take pay cuts or defer their wages due to the financial impact of the COVID-19 crisis

Footballers across the Premier League and EFL are furious after being warned they face playing up to three matches in five days once the season returns. Players have also been informed that it is almost inevitable the season will restart behind closed doors.

A large number of players have reservations about returning to action as COVID-19 continues to spread, as they fear passing it on to family members. The prospect of playing three times in 120 hours has added to fears that their concerns are not being considered.

Premier League clubs have been warned not to use the phrase 'null and void' when discussing contingency plans for the rest of the season, as fears grow the campaign will be scrapped. The Premier League have told clubs to use the word 'curtailed' instead

Attempts to resume the Premier League and English Football League seasons after April 30 could be thwarted by players refusing to compete because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic

Players' representatives are exploring whether insurance policies could be declared null and void should their clients contract a potentially career-threatening illness after playing again, and while being aware of the risks involved.

@guardian_sport
@MailSport

@TimesSport

Heaven forbid they should say null and void

Seems to me the football bodies are determined to find a way to finish the season

It's done, Kaz.

I know for a fact the government have told our footballing authorities a few home truths.

The most important being, the emergency services refuse to send stretched personnel to behind closed doors games and the local authority will not grant safety certificates for fear of insurance claims from players.

It's done, Kaz.

I know for a fact the government have told our footballing authorities a few home truths.

The most important being, the emergency services refuse to send stretched personnel to behind closed doors games and the local authority will not grant safety certificates for fear of insurance claims from players.
Thanks,isn't it sad they haven't decided to not do it because of the fact a killer virus might kill everyone,what is fucking wrong with them

I am done with football i really am, i will never miss our games but the football bodies ,the media and the clubs we know are pushing to finish the season make me sick to my stomach,add pigmol and var and even the notion of a fair game has gone

It's done, Kaz.

This - all day long, when the field hospitals are being set up, police forces look like losing up to 40% of staff due to the virus - policing a game, behind closed doors or not - will not happen.

Thanks,isn't it sad they haven't decided to not do it because of the fact a killer virus might kill everyone,what is fucking wrong with them

I am done with football i really am, i will never miss our games but the football bodies and the clubs we know are pushing to finish the season make me sick to my stomach,add pigmol and var and even the notion of a fair game has gone

Yep, disgusting.

The whole conversation they peddle us about how quickly football can be resumed.

Like that twunt Trump being more concerned with people going back to work to kick-start the economy.

Heaven forbid we flag up the tens of thousands of dead.

So if it's done, does that mean it will could still be "awarded"?

.Premier League clubs have been warned not to use the phrase 'null and void' when discussing contingency plans for the rest of the season, as fears grow the campaign will be scrapped. The Premier League have told clubs to use the word 'curtailed' instead

Edit.. does it really matter, pls ignore

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.