Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Now i hope this is true, firstly because it is a wonderful gesture in a time of need but from a selfish point of view how cold we possibly play our home games if the EPL proposed to restart the season again?
I feel our chairman and people behind the scenes know that the season isn't starting up again thus we have this statement about giving up the stadium.

Well tbh I would love the league to finish because it would mean the CL, FA cup, treble for us... All taken away from us now
Sorry mate but that’s wrong. The season should finish for one reason and one reason only. The fact that people are getting ill and people are dying and football is as nothing compared to that. It’s about time football stopped living in a bubble and self importance and became part of society again. I’ve always considered the wages to be pretty scandalous but seeing players getting £300/400/500 thousand a week, in the current climate, is even worse.
If it was up to me I’d call next season off as well as this and hope that a bit of sanity was restored to the game. Mind you, if Sky and BT go out of business it’ll be game over for most of the PL anyway.

was on another forum just now and came across their sports forum the one that keeps banning me for not towing the Liverpool love in. I am not sure if the poster is real or just to try and get a reaction. I find it amazing that someone can a view like his...……..

'I sincerely hope Liverpool are not denied the title this season, i'm not a Liverpool supporter, far from it, but to null and void this season would be a travesty, we are two thirds into the season, due to the situation we all now find ourselves in, the season should finish as it stands, only those who have games in hand should be played, Aston Villa v Sheffield United need to play that game, Villa for their premier league survival, Sheffield United for their chance of qualifying for European football, any games in hand that are of no consequence wouldn't need playing, All cups need to be finished, FA, Champions league, Europa cup etc etc
I hope the relevant football organisations can/will see this'

I think that's the most ridicules idea I have read !!

was on another forum just now and came across their sports forum the one that keeps banning me for not towing the Liverpool love in. I am not sure if the poster is real or just to try and get a reaction. I find it amazing that someone can a view like his...……..

'I sincerely hope Liverpool are not denied the title this season, i'm not a Liverpool supporter, far from it, but to null and void this season would be a travesty, we are two thirds into the season, due to the situation we all now find ourselves in, the season should finish as it stands, only those who have games in hand should be played, Aston Villa v Sheffield United need to play that game, Villa for their premier league survival, Sheffield United for their chance of qualifying for European football, any games in hand that are of no consequence wouldn't need playing, All cups need to be finished, FA, Champions league, Europa cup etc etc
I hope the relevant football organisations can/will see this'

I think that's the most ridicules idea I have read !!

His username wasnt the "Spitting Scouser" was it?

Sorry mate but that’s wrong. The season should finish for one reason and one reason only. The fact that people are getting ill and people are dying and football is as nothing compared to that. It’s about time football stopped living in a bubble and self importance and became part of society again. I’ve always considered the wages to be pretty scandalous but seeing players getting £300/400/500 thousand a week, in the current climate, is even worse.
If it was up to me I’d call next season off as well as this and hope that a bit of sanity was restored to the game. Mind you, if Sky and BT go out of business it’ll be game over for most of the PL anyway.

In a lot of ways I want sky and bt to go bust and the bubble bursting on the premier league. the pure greed and desire to get the season going has been pretty awful to see.

when I say desire to get the season going - who cares about football right now. Who In there right mind thinks football should start again any time soon. The only reason they want it to start is contractual obligations and money.

I’d rather the league went bust, even if it meant we don’t win anything again. Bring the premier league and the clubs back down to ordinary people

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.