Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Is the answer maybe to all of this a computer based model that can predict the likely outcome of all games based on the trajectory of each team throughout the season?
Not a fair method but it's one being muted from various sources
No,you have got the points on the board,if you don't them you don't have them,just go with germany,no winners,no relegations,2 promoted ,if there was a rule book they would have been talking about it

Surely the goverment can take this decison out of the FA, PL hands, do they really want a problem of potential fans turning up to cheer outside, emergency services involved etc.

And Karen Fuckin Brady says she expects footballer's to be back training in two weeks time. Are these people aware of what's going on around them.

They can finish the league if they like, but I reckon only fans of a few clubs will care. The problem is that form will go out of the window, because players will be lacking match fitness and tactical training, so the results will all be arbitrary.

You can argue (as many of the media have been) that Liverpool should be awarded the title, given that they are so far ahead, but what do you do about everything else? Promotion, relegation, Champions League, FA Cup, CL places etc. In the circumstances, the only equitable outcome is to declare everything null and void and start again when it's safe to do so.

If the did start again - for the koppite ****s

I guarantee as soon as the got the points to win it mathematically

They would just play all the kids like then did in both domestic cup?

All this integrity of the league bollocks is what it is - BOLLOCKS!

They wouldn’t give a fuck about the remaining champions league places or relegation as soon as they got over the line

Void the season now!#

For sale 1 open top bus - colour red - low mileage - lack of use forces sale - 500 quid ono - contact club secretary LFC Anfield Merseyside

PJ Swales says Hi

It’s always been about the money but I guess it’s on another level altogether these days. And I know we’ve, cough cough, splashed a fair bit of it around since 2008 but I seem to have noticed that in all these media reports about discussing when the league should restart, etc, the views of our own club haven’t been documented anywhere. Maybe I’m looking at it through blue tinted specs but perhaps we’re not pushing for any kind of restart due to the severity of the situation and if that means sacrificing the 2 trophies we’re still in with a chance of winning and the one we’ve already won, so be it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.