COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful to hear, mate. And you're right, loads probably in similar situations. Hoping that everything turns out well for you and your family. Be strong!

Thanks. The operation worry was bad enough but once it was done we could have all dealt with it better if we could visit, be there, give a hug. It is a cruel twist of fate this unprecedented situation has reared it's ugly head at this time but I know many more are in the same boat, it doesn't lessen the pain though. Hopefully he can go home soon and that will make me feel a lot better my parents are together at least.

Boris is writing to us all to tell us to stay indoors,calling it a national emergency,saying things are going to get worse before they get better

Last edited:
Spain are imposing a stricter lockdown from Monday. They’re reducing the number of jobs and sectors that are allowed to work but they haven’t given the list yet. I thought they were already pretty strict but this is now going into only absolutely essential workers can work outside of their hone.

So it’s not just the UK who’s lockdown allowed people to go to work.

I fear this will escalate further and the current measures will be seen as a holiday, within the next 2 weeks.

I fear for the workers on the front line. I have many friends that are doctors/nurses/physios/police and it's frightening. Today it was announced 51 doctors/nurses have died in Italy. Over 4000 doctors/nurses have contracted it Spain.

We spoke to our friend in Lytham tonight who is a respiratory physio at the Vic in Blackpool and she said weirdly A+E there has been strangely quiet because there aren't that many cases in that area yet and the general public are doing everything they can to avoid the hospitals during this time. Let's hope those low numbers continue.

It is worth reminding people that - as it stands at the moment - the vast majority will recover and the fitter and healthier you are the much improved are your chances.....am guessing as cops they are fairly fit?

There's a very worthy comment in there somewhere. It was something like 'whoever the first person was that said this was a cold or flu did the world a major disservice'.

They're right. That has stuck and there are still lots of people calling it the flu even now.

The other completely depressing thing is just how many people are gonna be found dead in their own homes. Absolutely horrifying.

I think there appears to, from what I've read, different scales of it. But to class the case which that man described as mild, is what raises eyebrows for me. If that is an elderly person or someone with respiratory problems getting those symptoms you are in a dangerous place. Bear in mind this is a 38 year man, otherwise healthy and its knocked him that badly.

I agree this should of been more widely circulated or described, the issue is if you do that does that not cause more panic?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.