Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

How does affect players contracts? If the season restarts & goes beyond July 1st, would we be allowed to play Silva without re-registering him? Would free transfers be allowed to play the remainder of the matches, for their new clubs?

i assume he's a free agent from july 1st, and if so we could resign him on a short term deal if both parties agree to finish the season off

If this pandemic was not bad enough.

There is a Comet aptly named C-19 heading towards Earth.

It is not small either, a gaseous Cloud of debris, half the size of the Sun is set to pass by Earth in a close encounter in August.

This Comet will soon be visible in the Sky.

Some are speculating that it might be coming much closer to Earth, than we are being led to believe....

What a year.
Cheers for that.

What I want to happen and the logistics and practicalities to make that happen are different points. If the season can be completed safely then I hope it is.

Many posters on here seemed to be filled with glee at the thought that the season will be curtailed and Liverpool wont win the league. I think we have a lot to lose as well.

I can think of a few defenders from our past who observed social distancing from the opposition strikers!
You observed social distancing when it was you're round in the pub for many years

In a lot of ways I want sky and bt to go bust and the bubble bursting on the premier league. the pure greed and desire to get the season going has been pretty awful to see.

when I say desire to get the season going - who cares about football right now. Who In there right mind thinks football should start again any time soon. The only reason they want it to start is contractual obligations and money.

I’d rather the league went bust, even if it meant we don’t win anything again. Bring the premier league and the clubs back down to ordinary people

Whilst I understand and share the desire to see the likes of Sly and BT go to the wall, in addition to stopping the football gravy train, there are tens of thousands of people who do not earn thousands of pounds a week from it but derive an income from its participation.

I'm one of them, but then there are cleaners, contractors, food suppliers, pie makers, pubs, chippies, cafes, bar staff, stewards, hospitality staff, chefs, electricians, plumbers, groundstaff, creche workers, maintenance.

I'm sure there are scores more, which is why playing games behind closed doors is a non-starter. Even without catering and hospitality, it takes plenty of people to be involved on any given day.

It is not small either, a gaseous Cloud of debris, half the size of the Sun is set to pass by Earth in a close encounter in August.

Some are speculating that it might be coming much closer to Earth, than we are being led to believe....

What a year.

Oh well, won't have to renew my car insurance in August.

What a year.

As it is 80 light years away I won't worry just yet

I've just finished watching the English Game on Netflix. Bit cheesy but I enjoyed it. Its about how in 1879 with the FA being run by a cabal of elite clubs, a plucky newcomer tries to break through. Of course there are dirty tricks aplenty to stop that northern club. Its supposed to be a true story but who said history doesn't repeat itself.

I can honestly say, three weeks without football so far and I haven't missed it half as much as I thought. Not sure if it's because we've something really major to all focus on, or that I was beginning to lose a bit of interest before Corona all kicked off. I think things will hit home when I realise that in another months time there will be no Cricket as well to compensate. Anyone else feel the same way?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.