COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody heĺl

4 days in and I'm starting to struggle

9 days in routine get out of bed, shower, sit on sofa with with tv on, bed, repeat every day !. Ok being sarcastic abit but its alot harder than I was expecting.

But they is only so much house cleaning you can do. I am proud of my missus, my lad and me ! That we havent had one raised voice or row. Should one of us show signs of it the other one backs down. Give it 5 minutes and we are all back together.
As we get nearer going back to 'work' we are all getting nervous about HAVING to go back out side to jobs that we feel arent essential but our employers do.

I am surprised solicitors are allowed to be open I didnt see them on boris lists of jobs that could stay open.

Just had a snow shower in south east kent were I live so that's given us something different to talk about lol

Last edited:
No mate.

There is a an antibody test, but this is a direct test for the virus. This is why I am indeed repeating myself because it doesn't seem to have registered with the media. if they work, and you must imagine they do if FDA approved, then that's very significant

Snippet below from a UK euivalent. US versions supposed to be quicker

http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-03-18-oxford-scientists-develop-rapid-testing-technology-covid-19

5ULb2cj.png
An antibody test is 1000x more useful though and we’ve got 3.5m of them coming in the next few days.

I agree about the WHO. As to whether China's numbers are reliable, who knows. But they would have to be out by a factor of more than 10x - not just a bit out - for them to have not fared better than the rest of the planet.
They’ve lied like fuck, they’ll probably be 10x the deaths and we’d be none the wiser, they’ve known about it for a lot longer too!

Mancunian people, whether workers or businesses have always been known for their spirit when faced with the terrible. Mancs, not manky mongrels. Through kindness and solidarity, Manchester, whether blue or red, or other, whether queer, straight, transgender, lesbian, gay and all the wonderful colours of the spectrum of sexuality have and will always show love to hate, love to fear, and togetherness in adversity. Yes, there are exceptions and every village as their idiot, but we don’t look down on that lot, we reason, we educate ‘em and we again show love.

So, NHS, you beautiful creation and wonderful giver of life and provider in strife, here’s the City of Manchester Etihad Stadium, council-owned and City-leased for you to use as you see fit. Do as you need, because you need and they need, more than we need. Cry Sis’? No crisis, the superheroes with their inadequate masks and their gowns weakened by cuts, are here fighting. They’re our front line and with them I feel fine. If anyone can save me, it won’t be Superman, Batman or the Avengers, it’ll be Doctors like Rosena Allin-Khan, in Tooting, or our boys and girls in blue (or whichever nursing colours they choose) in Wythy, and my place of birth Crumpsall and the numerous other trusts up and down these green and pleasant lands.

But, they need us. They need our volunteers, they need our support and they need us to stay indoors. The longer we do this, the sooner we’re out. If you anyone out, don’t give them a clout, maintain a distance and shout, “Oi, get inside and don’t be snide.” Feel the rhythm, feel the ride? No time for a sneaky bobsleigh ride. Watch the tele instead, or find yourself lucky with beeping at the bed.

14 days here, is better than 14 days under soil, feeding worms and all the bugs. Overhead, thoroughbred might be okay, but in their hospital beds, some won’t live, and that’s the thing

It’s ignored as the U.K. press covered the fifteen minute antibody test being available (3.5m of them) for front line staff within days.

Not sure what saving ten minutes makes and why you keep repeating yourself?
He’s being sponsored to get the word ‘test’ in as many posts as possible.....

I'm in China. I flew into Guangzhou a 4 days ago.
What've I seen? World class control. Top rate protection. No risks. This is the now, and not the beginning which obviously was a huge Alan Ball's up. I'd rather be here than Britain, right now. That says a lot. I'd be home in a jiffy, if I felt it was safe enough to protect my family and friends.

I have just cancelled the papers from today until further notice, Sunday mirror full of corona virus young people dying showing their faces and ages, que sports pages Robbie Fowler going on about pep may leave all top premier league clubs wanting city out of Europe yawn yawn. I’m not wasting £50 a month on this it’s really depressing stuff

An antibody test is 1000x more useful though and we’ve got 3.5m of them coming in the next few days.
I don't agree. If you can quickly identify who is infected you can take them out of the transmission chain. That is the focus of every approach whether it's testing that takes 48 hours or a mass lockdown to break transmission.

The antibody test will be helpful but it wont be transformative in how we stop the infection. It will help those who have already have had illness to return to normality, and help understanding of the virus. However, it wont make much impact on the immediate problem of rapidly expanding clusters. Rapid testing of the virus could do that. If it's possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.