Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I've just finished watching the English Game on Netflix. Bit cheesy but I enjoyed it. Its about how in 1879 with the FA being run by a cabal of elite clubs, a plucky newcomer tries to break through. Of course there are dirty tricks aplenty to stop that northern club. Its supposed to be a true story but who said history doesn't repeat itself.
Quite a few scenes shot around Belmont, north of Bolton

I can honestly say, three weeks without football so far and I haven't missed it half as much as I thought. Not sure if it's because we've something really major to all focus on, or that I was beginning to lose a bit of interest before Corona all kicked off. I think things will hit home when I realise that in another months time there will be no Cricket as well to compensate. Anyone else feel the same way?
I certainly do, will miss the cricket more as it did not agitate me half as much as the football. They do get some decisions wrong in cricket but no where near as many as in football despite those in authority saying that VAR would improve things.

I certainly do, will miss the cricket more as it did not agitate me half as much as the football. They do get some decisions wrong in cricket but no where near as many as in football despite those in authority saying that VAR would improve things.

Isnt there a big push within cricket to get the season played behind closed doors ? They keep two meters apart most of the time !. Perhaps if Lancashire cricket changed its name to liverpool cricket the season might start.

Ps being sarcastic !

Isnt there a big push within cricket to get the season played behind closed doors ? They keep two meters apart most of the time !. Perhaps if Lancashire cricket changed its name to liverpool cricket the season might start.

Ps being sarcastic !
Can not see a problem with them playing the County Championship. When I have been to OT for a County game I could sit anywhere I liked with nobody within ten yards of me. Lucky to get a couple of hundred supporters in the ground.

Can not see a problem with them playing the County Championship. When I have been to OT for a County game I could sit anywhere I liked with nobody within ten yards of me. Lucky to get a couple of hundred supporters in the ground.
Social distancing will be required in the slips

So batsman gets caught out , bloke catching has virus is asymptamatic, he catches it throws it to team mate, the throws it to another . He throws it back to the umpire .they go home and see the family !!

Surely it can’t be allowed ...

Am I missing something ?

I've just finished watching the English Game on Netflix. Bit cheesy but I enjoyed it. Its about how in 1879 with the FA being run by a cabal of elite clubs, a plucky newcomer tries to break through. Of course there are dirty tricks aplenty to stop that northern club. Its supposed to be a true story but who said history doesn't repeat itself.
“Repeat itself?”
You only have to read our own history around the turn off the century and how the F.A,Aston villa etc basically tried to destroy our club because we wasn’t one of the ‘established elite’of the day and were considered ‘new money upstarts!’funded by a brewery .

a bit like today really !!

we beat them then , and we will do it again

CTID!

it’s all in Gary James’s excellent book’Manchester the City years

Thousands would turn up because people would be desperate for something to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.