COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas as to why there's only 135 in the 'Recovered' column for the UK on Worldometers site, it's been like that for at least a couple of days or so now?

That figure seems to be meaningless, doesn't it? I suppose anyone who tests positive and doesn't need hospital isn't tracked, so it can't be updated helpfully.

My mum said the same to me last night, she said younger people will need it so if I have to have one don’t let them use it on me. She has lost half a lung has asthma and just recovered from cancer!
Spent all her life in nursing, amazing woman

Makes you well up when you here that my mum would have been the same, glad in away she’s not here to see this she would have been terrified. Look after her then when this blows over you will still have her in your life good luck to all

Some guy called Matt just been on GMTV discussing surviving the virus, he is the one who appears to have picked it up at the league cup final, which he mentioned in his interview.

Remember they have 5 or 6 times the population of the UK, Italy, France, Spain. 4 times that of Germany.

So their figures could be considered in that context. If you added the above countries' death together and compared to the US, that probably a reasonable comparison.
If they get everything perfect then 100,000 to 240,000.

If they don’t handle it well, 1.5m to 2.2m deaths.

According to their models they spoke of last night. I doubt Uk, France, Germany et al will get near those figures as a group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.