How to manage pubs opening again.

At least one pub near me is open via the back door to regulars.
There is a copper in Stoke whose entire working day at the moment is dealing with intel on pubs that are staying open. There’s a few boozers in Birmingham at it too, but in the more challenging areas of the city.

I don’t think the penalties on the new legislation (unlimited fine) are sufficient. Prosecuting under common law offence of public nuisance (maximum sentence, life imprisonment) has been suggested in some quarters, but I’m not convinced of its efficacy. It’s a pretty arcane offence and relatively recent case law holds against deploying it if other offences can be charged.

As to the OP, pubs won’t be the last to be subject to relaxation, that will be events and clubs for 500+ imo, but I reckon it will be July before they can re-open at the earliest.

It’s going to be a very different landscape at the other end. The sector will never be the same again.

A sector that struggles as it is. Hubs of the community too. Sad times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.