COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
As does everyone, including the Chinese population, apart from you and the resident communists.

I’m willing to bet you whatever you want that their numbers are at least 3X what they’ve said?
A new low for the thread. Betting on how many Chinese people have died.

The key phrase in the masks bit was “who are well”.

He didn’t mention what about those that are not well (and that just means carrying the virus, rather than showing symptoms), which is where I’d have thought the main benefit would be.

It really is just jucking unbelievable. This no mask doctrine bollox is going to kill thousands of people.
A cough sends particles more than 2 meters away a sneeze up to 5 meters. FACTS. On a tube train the whole fucking carriage gets infected.
Karen's right about the false sense of security, it is at least worth bearing in mind. It's an old, well observed fact, that when authorities put rails up to protect pedestrians, people drive commensurately faster and pay less attention. The ER doctor who someone posted yesterday said N95 masks were a no go for citizens, and that was because the medical profession needed every last one urgently. He suggested people use other masks, and then said, this is simply to train you to not touch your face. As far as he was concerned, people are picking this virus up on their hands and getting sick because it gets on their face from their. It sounded like he thought Americans would all go with masks regardless of any use, and he was mostly concerned with pointing them away from the vital medical stuff and refocusing them onto hand hygeine and face touching.

That was for any sum of money.

I tell you what, if they’ve had less than 40,000 deaths, that’s obviously 10x, once this is all over and the truth is published.

I’ll donate £50 to the NHS and send you proof.

Hah! Any bet against the CCP turning around and revealing they lied about this seems pretty safe to me!

Hard to believe that, isn't it. I mean if you are on a tube train and someone 2 feet away coughs, would you want that cough in your face, or into their face mask?

Another one of those "no correlation between genius and common sense" studies that one I fear. It's a ****ing no brainer that masks help.

You don't no what to believe anymore.
I seen something the other day regarding mask by WHO,& they said 80% protection

This virus can get through really small gaps in masks and the ones the public can get are nowhere near good enough,it gives a false sense of security and people relax the social distancing thinking they are safer,it is clinically and behaviourly not recommended
That's not the point. The point of the mask is it makes other people more safe from the person wearing the mask. It reduces the requirement of a 6 foot safe gap down to 1 foot. It is essentiatial to reduce transmission on public transport.
The fact it gives you 80% protection is a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.