Clubs furloughing staff

The state should properly go about taxing football clubs heavily when this finishes. But it won't.

It taxes football like every other business.

Problem is that not many football clubs post big enough profits to contribute significantly to the public purse.

If Covid had not happened how were Liverpool/Spurs and the others going to pay their staff in June when there was no football, I assume they do have some money in the bank to cover that ? They haven't had to pay any TV money back yet so they should have, at the moment a very healthy bank balance.
This is just basic greed, there is money on offer and they are snatching at it.

how much is the none playing staff wage bill at the top clubs each year ?? and the premier league should be ashamed if one of if so called biggest club can not pay its none playing staff in full and not go cap in hand to the government to bail them out

big things have to change in the top league (premier league) in england when things get back to normal more money has to be put away for things just like this virus pandemic and safe guard the whole of football at clubs not just players and mangers> plus stop asking each club to pay leaving chairman a big bonus for his work ?? did he not get well paid for doing his job in the first place ?? GREED has killed our wonderful game and if clubs can not pay staff for a space of time then its truly fucked

Pretty much every club would have had pandemic coverage. But, from what I understand, insurance companies can legitimately refuse to pay out on the basis that this is an entirely new virus.

The £42m profit has / is already being spent on player wages and transfers, other staff costs, stadium improvements, stadium maintenance, utilities costs etc. etc.

People need to get it into their heads.......turnover and profit don't matter right now. Cash flow is what it's all about. And there is no cash coming in and still loads going out. Something has to give.....and soon.

So what did they have planned for June when there was no football matches, the players and staff still get paid ? it is just basic greed.

People need to get it into their heads.......turnover and profit don't matter right now. Cash flow is what it's all about. And there is no cash coming in and still loads going out. Something has to give.....and soon.
No problem with that but clubs should cut their cloth accordingly and deal with it in house.

These ****s are crying like babies after a couple of weeks of no football claiming they need the tax payer to bail them out.

How the fuck do they survive each summer then?

If Covid had not happened how were Liverpool/Spurs and the others going to pay their staff in June when there was no football, I assume they do have some money in the bank to cover that ? They haven't had to pay any TV money back yet so they should have, at the moment a very healthy bank balance.
This is just basic greed, there is money on offer and they are snatching at it.

We are only at the very beginning of this economic apocalypse. Personally, I very much doubt that fans will be allowed back in stadiums for at least a year. So regardless that clubs might hold limited reserves of cash, they have to plan for the worst case, long term scenario. And that requires taking immediate action.

We are only at the very beginning of this economic apocalypse. Personally, I very much doubt that fans will be allowed back in stadiums for at least a year. So regardless that clubs might hold limited reserves of cash, they have to plan for the worst case, long term scenario. And that requires taking immediate action.

Thank you Mr Levy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.