Is the football bubble finally about to burst?

I think for many us, falling out of love for the game has been a long and slow process: but in all sincerity we should have seen it coming. Like others on here I too am a bit long in the tooth - 63!
I have fond memories of how the game was all those years ago, it was for the working classes in those days. Grafting all week then off to the football on a Saturday afternoon...bliss. But when the money started rolling in, around the mid-80's, probably, it changed. The rags were buying anyone and everything and nobody else had a chance to compete. Refs, linesmen etc, all going out of their way to ensure the pisscan got his way. It wasn't football anymore, it was one extremely rich club lording it up over us others. And with that nasty jock bastard in charge, coupled with a fawning media and thousands of plastic Asian supporters everywhere in their club shirts, my dislike turned to sheer hatred for the club - but mostly hatred for that fucking poisonous Glaswegian and his odious hangers-on.

But the time I really thought of giving it up was taking my son to Elland Road (I think we lost 3-2) and the sheer hostility we encountered from their supporters, and the threat of violence hanging in the air put me off ever going to a game again.

It might be an age thing, I really don't know. But I've had a burning resentment towards what has happened to the game I've loved all my life because it is not the game that I grew up with.

great post and the answer is yes.

i am using myself as a yardstick. i'm 65 and have photo's me kicking a ball about as a two year old. ok 55 years watching City but absolutely loved the game in general. i'd watch any team that entertained, even the rags. Charlton and Best were unbelievable players.Baresi,Messi,Moore all world class. now if someone like me says "enough" then it comes from a heavy heart.that how damaged our game. i've not missed it one bit. my family is desperate to renew next season i'm dead against it. bear in mind it only cost 400 quid for me and wife is free, home and away. so its not the money its all about the main reason i mentioned earlier ,entertainment, its taken off you by a guy 200 miles away in a studio.
Martyn Tyler was right when he said "so watch it,drink it in, you'll never see anything like it again" and we wont.....they wont allow us to.
Great post, feel the same , the arse licking media , the cheating & VAR have destroyed the game.

great post and the answer is yes.

i am using myself as a yardstick. i'm 65 and have photo's me kicking a ball about as a two year old. ok 55 years watching City but absolutely loved the game in general. i'd watch any team that entertained, even the rags. Charlton and Best were unbelievable players.Baresi,Messi,Moore all world class. now if someone like me says "enough" then it comes from a heavy heart.that how damaged our game. i've not missed it one bit. my family is desperate to renew next season i'm dead against it. bear in mind it only cost 400 quid for me and wife is free, home and away. so its not the money its all about the main reason i mentioned earlier ,entertainment, its taken off you by a guy 200 miles away in a studio.
Martyn Tyler was right when he said "so watch it,drink it in, you'll never see anything like it again" and we wont.....they wont allow us to.

Cheers Bill..!

I appreciate you telling us how you feel and I'm sorry to hear you're at the end of the line..

However, I'm of the opinion that you will not be alone in deciding to call it a day..

Like you say, it's not just about the current situation, it's about the manipulation, FFP, VAR, UEFA's ongoing witch hunt against us and the way it's packaged up in general for fans' consumption that has tipped it over the egde for me..

The coronavirus situation has enabled people to take stock and evaluate what's important and what's not..

Football and the PL in general has been exposed..!

Quickly, on another issue, you made me smile when you posted your haircut picture that your wife gave you the other day ..

Nothing wrong with your haircut btw Bill, your wife did a great job..

My turn this afternoon as my Mrs is going to cut mine..
I allowed her to cut it once before, years ago and I was a laughing stock for about 3 weeks..

She's got the same look in her eye this time round too ffs!!

Luckily I don't know how to post pictures on here..!

Is it too warm to wear a hat for 3 weeks solid 24/7?

will we ever see another Aguerooooooo moment? Of course not.
I agree, there will never ever be such a moment ever again and sadly, that has reduced my appetite for football. It will just never be repeated.

The Corona Virus episode will in my opinion (and has in my case) reduced interest further.

Football if it's to survive needs to take a good long guard look at itself.

It could start with Sky going back to reducing their cost to watch the games, I realise this will reduce sponsorship money which in turn will mean players might have to start struggling by living on 50k a week.... my heart bleeds.

I don't want to be all negative and gloomy on this sunny morning in Manchester but been thinking about the general state of football.

This coupled with all the sycophantic reporting certain clubs get (every 'effin day) which stands out like a sore thumb, even more so now football's on hold which surely people must be sick and tired of hearing by now, raises the question, has football reached it's tipping point?

Are many fans up and down the Country going to think twice about returning to football stadiums and mixing with other people in large crowds once the Government gives the all clear?

(We'll be OK though as no fcuker watches us apparently and if we request permission to kick off 80 minutes later than the official kick off scheduling, the stadium will be practically empty anyway.!)

A lot of football fanbases are made up of fans who have followed their teams for years and are of, shall we say, mature stature.

Will these fans all return? If not, are there enough younger supporters coming through to replace them?

It will be interesting to see the attendances once football does resume.

I think the media will have to stock up on red pens and get used to drawing circles or it that form of reporting only reserved for us?

I like many cancelled SKY Sports and BT and have not missed it at all.

I don't buy newspapers and have gone from listening to talk shite in the car every morning and night going to and from work to hardly ever now..

My season card will be up for renewal shortly and I too will have a decision to make..

Football has played a big part in my life and has been responsible for a large part of my emotional well being for as long as I can remember..

Is the football bubble finally about to burst or is it just me?
hope it is as I like many others have had it with football , I will still have a place in my heart for city but my days of attending games are over

Football in my opinion has been going down hill these past few year's sadly

Just sitting in the back garden watching the Aguero moment again and again. Knowing that with VAR it will never happen again. The joy of scoring a late winner has gone like Sterling against spurs this season. That unbridled moment of shear joy has been taken away from what made football so great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.