Captain Tom - now Sir Tom!

Absolutely humbling. We only enjoy the freedom and lifestyles we had before Covid-19 thanks to him and people like him, and when the world is again threatened he jumps into action again at 99.
He has raised a huge amount bless him. It will be invaluable to the NHS. But it's only what Pep earns as one person in a year. Is the NHS undervalued and football overvalued? I think society needs to get its priorities right and this might be the kick up the ass it needs. Footballers and pop stars are fuck all in the big scheme of things

I have nothing negative to say about this fantastic old fella. I just pray to god it doesn't end in tears.

Something tells me this inspirational man wouldn't give a fuck even if it did.

He's stared everything down in is 99 years and this is his last big fuck you.

On his terms.

Absolutely humbling. We only enjoy the freedom and lifestyles we had before Covid-19 thanks to him and people like him, and when the world is again threatened he jumps into action again at 99.
Should make this a sticky. Well said mate, well said.

Heart warming efforts from a grand old chap.

However, it is shocking when we are relying on a 99 year old's charitable efforts to fund the NHS in a time of crisis.

When people (correctly) praise Tom or stand on their doorstep clapping they would be well advised to also consider that it is our voting patterns and our collective apathy to 10 years of gross financial cuts to the NHS that leads us to be in a position where an old man is having to step up to the plate.

Unfortunately, praising Tom and clapping on Thursdays, whilst good for moral, doesn't really achieve anything. If we are really realising niow that we are that concerned about the neglect of the NHS perhaps we shouldn't be so accepting of it in the future.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.