Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The fitness of players is going to be a problem and lack of fitness may lead to injuries.
That's why any decent club should put their players welfare at the very top of any decisions made about restarting the league.
I'd back any club if they refused to continue playing until the country is completely back to normal or just went through the motions and lost every game 10-0, if forced to play behind closed doors.
Making decisions based purely on money really isn't a good look for the football authorities but if clubs go ahead and agree with any plans to play behind closed doors then shame on them. I understand the money situation but morally it's appalling & i hope the fans make their feelings known.
We all love the game of football but it's still, only a fcuking game

It would be interesting if,

the fans started a movement to state they didnt want season to end with some kind of blinged up behind closed doors tv summer event. Even if all games were live on terrestial tv or however PL and SKY/BT want to spin it with players forced to play multiple games in quick succession at consequence of injuries. Or at least, position themselves, the fans, as being forgotten party....

If this gained momentum how would PL and others then react. Has the PL been in discussion with or involved fans groups in any of their never ending stream of dates and possible scenarios, to rush thru games to complete their contractual financial agreements

Maybe PL would have to [like the government had to], hastily manufacture a new pin badge with x4 letters on it...."FANS" & then include this forgotten group, thats been there all along and way way before they arrived on the scene, in all future press releases..........................

Last edited:
It would be interesting if,

the fans started a movement to state they didnt want season to end with some kind of blinged up behind closed doors tv summer event. Even if all games were live on terrestial tv or however PL and SKY/BT want to spin it with players forced to play multiple games in quick succession at consequence of injuries. Or at least, position themselves, the fans, as being forgotten party....

If this gained momentum how would PL and others then react. Has the PL been in discussion with or involved fans groups in any of their never ending stream of dates and possible scenarios, to rush thru games to complete their contractual financial agreements

Maybe PL would have to [like the government had to], hastily manufacture a new pin badge with x4 letters on it...."FANS" & then include this forgotten group, thats been there all along and way way before they arrived on the scene, in all future press releases..........................
This is what needs to happen.
We have already seen numerous polls that suggest that the public would prefer that the season is null and void
But the leagues and the broadcasters/press are burying their heads in the sands due to finances and pressure from certain clubs
They should be very wary of public opinion as it has have habit of biting you on the arse.
People do not forget , remember the 3 year Brexit debate ,when they thought we can ignore how the people voted and do our own thing.
How wrong we're they ,2 political parties destroyed by the voters.
The football authorities need to listenen you could be next

I’m DONE with football if this shower if shit decide to try and get the PL going again before this pandemic is under control. It’s blatantly obvious to every fan, that this is purely financial greed. There are THOUSANDS of people dying and all they’re interested in is getting the dippers a PL title to cut a long story short.
Playing behind closed doors etc, WILL NOT stop this virus. What will it take for these cockwombles to see it?? Hundreds are involved in the logistics of a PL game these days from ground staff, engineers, hospitality, security etc etc. To think they can just turn up and have a game is a completely irresponsible and disgusting.
The government need to shut these cnuts down and give them a slap to put them back in their box. Telling them, “You’ll be able to resume, when we say you can, you fuckwits”

To me it's pure and simple, restarting the league after a 3 ,5, 7, etc month gap behind closed doors taking away the home teams advantage is not the same league as before the pandemic. Therefore the results before the restart cant be counted. League null n void is the only sensible answer start a fresh when we can put it to bed NOW. So we can forget about football until this pandemic is over. It's in really bad taste that they keep banging on about crackpot ideas to finish the season . For the integrity of the league it has to be null n void

Any club that agrees to this is putting money first. I cant understand why a club fighting relegation would forfeit its home advantage.

I dont know the premiership's rules but I guess they have a rule that allows them to change to format of the league after 75% of the fixtures have been play.

If I am still having to social distance, cant go down the pub, still have to queue outside the supermarket, cant go for a drive with the top down to a country pub, cant go to a football match. BUT the premier league can restart with players spitting everywhere, pulling the opponents shirt of at corners etc than I am 99% sure I will walk away from football.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.