Online grocery shopping delivery slots

Just a heads up I managed to get a home delivery on the governments vulnerable list, Tesco delivered today got fresh chicken fish vegetables etc due to my illnesses. Really annoyed the longest sell by date is tomorrow so £70 of shopping and most I won’t be able to eat they are exploiting this as they know you can’t get to the shop so they know they can give you the stuff that’s due to be disposed of, utter fucking twats
Tbh with you mate they’ve been doing that for years.
When they first brought in home delivery we decided it was a good idea as we worked full time and had three kids.
So we signed up with Asda and then with Tesco. The reason we sacked off both was because of the sell by dates on fresh food. I remember us getting a delivery one Friday night at 8pm and the fruit had that day’s date on it. We said “how the fuck is that any good when there are only four hours left?”
They always refunded the money but what’s the point, we wanted the fruit hence us ordering it.

When they first brought in home delivery we decided it was a good idea as we worked full time and had three kids.
So we signed up with Asda and then with Tesco. The reason we sacked off both was because of the sell by dates on fresh food. I remember us getting a delivery one Friday night at 8pm and the fruit had that day’s date on it. We said “how the fuck is that any good when there are only four hours left?”
They always refunded the money but what’s the point, we wanted the fruit hence us ordering it.
Tesco were bad for that at one time but I think you’ll find they changed their policy.

We had this problem with Iceland frozen food. Twenty pounds for a 5 kilogram pack of non frozen chicken that transpired to be imported Polish tripe and stringy as fook. It's sell by date had only half a day remaining, and as much as we both adore chicken there is a limit and to avoid wastage we would have had to make a Hungarian goulash with the remainder. When we visited their store a week later to buy in our 5 kilo monthly fix of KP nuts we checked the fresh chicken isle and the sell by dates where all 4 or 5 days away. Therefore our conclusion, rightly or wrongly was that if you order online they will tickle you with products close to the sell by date. In our experience, if you want really fresh produce then pick it up yourself. Also if any one is still reading then make sure you observe strict stock rotation protocol by buying from the back of the shelf as this is where the youngest stuff lives.

We have or had a slot at Tesco, who told us they would be removing it and refunding our money for the loss of the service as they were prioritising elderly shoppers etc.

Do these people not realise that we would also be buying things for her mam (74) and dad(79) and her Auntie(73) who lives in the middle of nowhere and now if we go into the store like a normal human they will only sell us two of any fucking product at a time.

Now please tell me how this is going to work when you are shopping for three families?

They can get fucked when it is all over.

We have or had a slot at Tesco, who told us they would be removing it and refunding our money for the loss of the service as they were prioritising elderly shoppers etc.

Do these people not realise that we would also be buying things for her mam (74) and dad(79) and her Auntie(73) who lives in the middle of nowhere and now if we go into the store like a normal human they will only sell us two of any fucking product at a time.

Now please tell me how this is going to work when you are shopping for three families?

They can get fucked when it is all over.
Managed to get a collection from tesco a couple of weeks ago, when I collected it they had about a quarter of what I actually ordered then had the cheek to charge me £2.50 because I hadn't met their minimum order amount.

I am going for my third collection tomorrow a week earlier than l wanted but its a case of grab what slot you can. Last time l queued behind an idiot woman last time who went in to the one way system the wrong way and then collected just two partially filled bags. A waste of a slot is my new expression.
Not enough room in my boot for the stuff l need so it has to go on back seat. I wish the Tesco staff would not ask me to stay in the car as they load it less than an arms length away.

Managed to get a collection from tesco a couple of weeks ago, when I collected it they had about a quarter of what I actually ordered then had the cheek to charge me £2.50 because I hadn't met their minimum order amount.

Wow, I would have been tempted to just leave it and get a refund.

We have an Aldi around the corner and will admit having been a little snobby about liking it in the past but bar toilet rolls and hand sanitiser I have been able to get anything I wanted or needed from there, we had been splitting the shopping with a Tesco's delivery and doing the rest of the shop at Aldi but I will be sacking that off and getting 90% at Aldi in the future, the fancies I like from Tesco's that Aldi don't have will have to be bought from another shop, ie cereals and Heinz tomato sauce lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.