Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Who gets to wash the kit, and who’s collecting the subs? What a fucking joke.

Who picks MOTM and does he have to disinfect the plastic trophy ready for next weeks MOTM ;) If it's a neutral ground which team puts the nets up and puts out the corner flags !

Anybody actually missing football, I can honestly say I'm not. I'm just looking at next season now hopefully starting mid August. Can't think about anything else but this fucking virus at present, and the hope we all come through it ok.

Missed it like mad!

To me it's pure and simple, restarting the league after a 3 ,5, 7, etc month gap behind closed doors taking away the home teams advantage is not the same league as before the pandemic. Therefore the results before the restart cant be counted. League null n void is the only sensible answer start a fresh when we can put it to bed NOW. So we can forget about football until this pandemic is over. It's in really bad taste that they keep backing on about crackpot ideas the finish the season . For the integrity of the league it has to be null n void

Any club that agrees to this is putting money first. I cant understand why a club fighting relegation would forfeit its home advantage.

I dont know the premiership's rules but I guess they have a rule that allows them to change to format of the league after 75% of the fixtures have been play.

If I am still having to social distance, cant go down the pub, still have to queue outside the supermarket, cant go for a drive with the top down to a country pub, cant go to a football match. BUT the premier league can restart with players spitting everywhere, pulling the opponents shirt of at corners etc than I am 99% sure I will walk away from football.
Good points. This behind closed doors nonsense makes no sense at all, police, ambulance, club staff,
refs, linesmen, etc; etc; How does anyone know that each and every one of these individuals has been
behaving responsibly for a start? How many have been importing brasses into their gaffs?
(sorry Kyle). Do they all get tested 5 minutes before kick off?
The backlash if any one of these individuals comes down with this disease would be catastrophic for
football's authorities, and the finger pointing and 'Greedy Bastards' attacks would be impossible
to refute. Just fuck the whole thing off and start again next season.

So they want to play all the games at neutral venues. This will throw up a load of problems, which will have to be solved before they can go ahead.
1st Those teams who have already played their away game have suddenly lost their advantage of a home game, how do they over come that.

2nd When and where are you going to test all the players for this coronavirus.

3rd Where are you going to get the said testing kits from. When the government can't get enough of them.

4th Where are you going to get the medical staff from should you need one. No I don't mean the teams medical staff. At the Etithad we have an ambulance their for every home game. This is provided by the ST. JOHN'S AMBULANCE.

5th What happens should 1 player from a team show positive for this coronavirus, his whole team has to self isolate for 2 weeks. This then throws the whole time line to finish the season out.

6th Should 1 player could be a carrier of the coronavirus, while not showing any symptoms, and thus pass it on to as many as 100 different players and staff.

7th Where are you going to play the games,.

8th Where are the players going to stay

9th. How do you stop the fans from meeting out side of the said stadium.

Everyone of these questions needs answering before you can even think off restarting the Premier league again. Just imagine the back lash that football would get if for an e.g. A player from Everton gives the coronavirus to a player from Chelsea and the player from Chelsea dies. The whole of the premier League would be finished for along time.

The only sound thing to do is to null and void the whole season. Hopefully you then might be able to start again in August.

Last edited:
5th What happens should 1 player from a team show positive for this coronavirus, his whole team has to self isolate for 2 weeks. This then throws the whole time line to finish the season out.

This is an easy one to answer the team will have to self isolate for 14 days but the premier league have said that the clubs under 12's can play instead, so the league can be finished. But their parents cant shout abuse or fight with the other teams parents outside the ground

Just crown Liverpool champions and dont do relegation. Done.

Let the players and all the staff mind their families.

Good points. This behind closed doors nonsense makes no sense at all, police, ambulance, club staff,
refs, linesmen, etc; etc; How does anyone know that each and every one of these individuals has been
behaving responsibly for a start? How many have been importing brasses into their gaffs?
(sorry Kyle). Do they all get tested 5 minutes before kick off?
The backlash if any one of these individuals comes down with this disease would be catastrophic for
football's authorities, and the finger pointing and 'Greedy Bastards' attacks would be impossible
to refute. Just fuck the whole thing off and start again next season.
When will the Premier League wake up and realise it is not going to happen???
Nobody wanted this terrible situation, but football is obviously secondary at this moment in time.
All football records this season have to be null and void, meaning Liverpool do not win the League, but we do not win the Carabao Cup,
and loose a very distinct opportunity to win the Champions League.
Yes very sad for the teams fighting to gain promotion, but any other decision is just going to be a farce, and will still cause an unsatisfactory finish to the season.
Let us all get back to some kind of normality, hoping for a start to next season, and forget about the stupid scenarios of the money grabbing so called football hierarchy.

I am sorry Tony M but that cannot happen. If you are going to crown Livarpool Champions then you have also got to relegate the bottom 3 clubs. That means the top 3 clubs will get promoted from the Championship.

give it to Gordon that is quite a good joke.

When will the Premier League wake up and realise it is not going to happen???
Nobody wanted this terrible situation, but football is obviously secondary at this moment in time.
All football records this season have to be null and void, meaning Liverpool do not win the League, but we do not win the Carabao Cup,
and loose a very distinct opportunity to win the Champions League.
Yes very sad for the teams fighting to gain promotion, but any other decision is just going to be a farce, and will still cause an unsatisfactory finish to the season.
Let us all get back to some kind of normality, hoping for a start to next season, and forget about the stupid scenarios of the money grabbing so called football hierarchy.
yeah I do think it's just being dragged out but here & abroad due to the greed of £££ but eventually the season will be called off either that or we'll end up playing the remaining games from March next year when hopefully the world will be a slightly safer place.

So they want to play all the games at neutral venues. This will throw up a load of problems, which will have to be solved before they can go ahead.
1st Those teams who have already played their away game have suddenly lost their advantage of a home game, how do they over come that.

2nd When and where are you going to test all the players for this coronavirus.

3rd Where are you going to get the said testing kits from. When the government can't get enough of them.

4th Where are you going to get the medical staff from should you need one. No I don't mean the teams medical staff. At the Etithad we have an ambulance their for every home game. This is provided by the ST. JOHN'S AMBULANCE.

6th Should 1 player could be a carrier of the coronavirus, while not showing any symptoms, and thus pass it on to as many as 100 different players and staff.

7th Where are you going to play the games,.

8th Where are the players going to stay

9th. How do you stop the fans from meeting out side of the said stadium.

Everyone of these questions needs answering before you can even think off restarting the Premier league again. Just imagine the back lash that football would get if for an e.g. A player from Everton gives the coronavirus to a player from Chelsea and the player from Chelsea dies. The whole of the premier League would be finished for along time.

The only sound thing to do is to null and void the whole season. Hopefully you then might be able to start again in August.
On your point 9, that's 2 sets of fans, with no segregation, no stewards, maybe a couple of Plod, and endless potential for bother

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.