Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Is England and Wales Cricket Board planning to start cricket? I mean if football is being used to help people forget Corona might as well start cricket then. At least social distancing would be better followed un cricket than Football

The PFA will not allow their members to be put at risk even behind closed doors. Football isn't coming back anytime soon and there is zero prospect of this season being completed. There is also the possibility of next season not happening at all without a vaccine.
Tough luck Dippers, looks like null and void then.

View from Perth WA where we currently have reduced to 149 cases & have been successful by banning travel between regions within the state on top banning inter state & international travel.

they’ve announced no international travel is allowed until 2021 & no word on travel within Aus.

kids can go back to school in 10 days & pubs & restaurants are still closed etc

currently no word of the return of sport in the state or any professional sport. I’m reading & speaking to family in uk & cant believe the attitude of the FA, Prem & certain clubs & fans.

I would be more than happy for City yo sit it out, health & welfare has to come first.

Cloud cuckoo land just say in this fantasy world of football being back behind closed doors and one footballers or staff member gets it the whole squad has to isolate for at least 2 weeks! So how actually are that team going to finish there games in this fantasy world in just the allocated 5 week period!??

But what I dont get is why the press/media arent turning on the premier league and football. All this talk of behind closed doors, getting changed in cars and more bonkers ideas. The press/media should be having a field day showing up the premier league, FA, UEFA for what they are. Money grapping organisations that dont give a toss about us fans or in the players and staff of the clubs. They should be getting ripped to shreds by the press/media and yet in this country the sports press/media are so far up the premier league, fa arses it stinks form here. Football and the press/media in this country really do live in a different bubble than the rest of the UK

waspish, that is what I said when I posted 9 points to be considered before football can continue. It looks like the football authorities just haven't taken account of any player having this virus. They are just like the ostrich who buries his head in the sand when trouble approaches.

I don't see any mention of the FA Cup being completed in any reports of how the 'football season' should be. If, and it's a very big if, the PL season is somehow played to a finish then the FA Cup should be too as we are still in it and have the Sheffield Wednesday tie to play.

We currently have a minimum of 12 games to play in all competitions with the possibility of more so either all of them are played to a finish or none are.

Edit: ignore my Sheffield Wednesday error, as has been pointed out. In my defence, it was a very forgettable game :)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.