Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

On your point 9, that's 2 sets of fans, with no segregation, no stewards, maybe a couple of Plod, and endless potential for bother
All it takes is one **** pretending to cough on the opposition fans and you can guarantee a riot.

But behind closed doors is crazy anyway, there is physically no way to prevent people gathering together to watch it, not a chance!

Are they that desperate for the dippers to win it, or the money or both?

Normally follow the money, mate. I often wonder if last season gave the greedy bastards governing football and their media slags an idea of the potential income of Livarpool* winning the league? Unfortunately for them, they narrowly missed out but the die was set for this year so all assistance - underhand or blatant - would be used to help them win it. When they're awarded it, football is finished.

All it takes is one **** pretending to cough on the opposition fans and you can guarantee a riot.

But behind closed doors is crazy anyway, there is physically no way to prevent people gathering together to watch it, not a chance!
Pubs probably shut but fans will still go to the ground wasn't it a PSG game where they were all outside?

As for here house parties will be all over the place with lads going to watch with their mates.

Fucking inconsiderate twats, the authorities for even contemplating playing as well as the public who'll lap it all up.

Normally follow the money, mate. I often wonder if last season gave the greedy bastards governing football and their media slags an idea of the potential income of Livarpool* winning the league? Unfortunately for them, they narrowly missed out but the die was set for this year so all assistance - underhand or blatant - would be used to help them win it. When they're awarded it, football is finished.
Country in lockdown people losing their lives etc. But let's get the dippers over the line. Fuck-off!

We locked down when the figures were:

The death toll has risen from 475 to 578, health officials have confirmed, with 11,658 confirmed cases.

The figures have to be a damn site better than this to allow anything close to normality. It's gonna take months. And as for UEFA still planning on 40000+ fans flying potentially 1000s of miles across Europe for a 2 hour event-well dream on. It just shows how crazy and deluded the thinking still is.

I don't see any mention of the FA Cup being completed in any reports of how the 'football season' should be. If, and it's a very big if, the PL season is somehow played to a finish then the FA Cup should be too as we are still in it and have the Sheffield Wednesday tie to play.

We currently have a minimum of 12 games to play in all competitions with the possibility of more so either all of them are played to a finish or none are.

Edit: ignore my Sheffield Wednesday error, as has been pointed out. In my defence, it was a very forgettable game :)

FA Cup has been mentioned and they have an agreement/will to finish it also. For what thats worth.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....s-league-by-august_sto7729311/story-amp.shtml

What would happen if they played behind closed doors and a player or staff member contracted the virus and subsequently died?

Who would be culpable?
The PL?, SKY?, BT?, Anyone?

Would insurance companies pay out or even insure players, changing in cars and playing behind closed doors?

It's one big clusterfcuk, driven by money and desperation to award the trophy..!

Like I've read on here, if it was us who were out in front, the season would have been terminated weeks ago..!

It's not right, it's immoral and it f'kin stinks..!

Why should they be crowned champions
Exactly this, and it ain't sour grapes, the Dippers could well lose a good few on the trot, it happened when
City won 14 on the spin, and pipped them, again, to the Prem title. Having said that, I could accept them just
being handed it now, as it would then be the 'Never really won it properly cup;)

Are they that desperate for the dippers to win it, or the money or both?

Both, a dipper win in their eyes also increases future income.

For the PL there are arguably 3 certainties if the season had continued - Dippers win the league, we finish top 4 and Norwich go down.

If clubs were given a straight choice between null and void or finish as it stands most would probably go null and void.

Any restart would effectively be starting a new season as the break will be close to a normal close season at best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.