Players that you forgot played for a team

Ian Rush playing at Newcastle (and even more mentally at Sheffield United!)....cant be true...of course lest we forget he is a Candlepool legend who never left the city, only watched Brookside and had had a photo of Nerys Hughes tatooed on his arse, scouse legend that he is.

Hes also a wanker! Saw him in Sydney Australia just after hed moved there, he was hammered and wasnt allowed in the Shark Bay Hotel. Tried the old "do you know who I am" ritual. Gleefully some Aussie Rule reject bouncer, gave him the "I dont give a shit who you are youre not coming in now f*** off"...he trudged away, tail between his legs, I say tail, more likely to have been his massive hooter.

He played a key role off the bench in helping us come back from 3-1 down at home to Sunderland.
I liked Pizarro. I thought he was a classy player with a good passing range.
He was obviously never going to be a long-term option, but he did a job while he was here.

Booted up Championship Manager 97/98 and there are a few shocks to the system there.

David James and McAteer at Liverpool.
Regi Blinker at Celtic
Jordi Cruyff over the road
Paul Kitson was at West Ham apparently
Martin Dahlin at Blackburn
Ian Rush was at Leeds then Newcastle?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.