Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

French League definitely over until September,PSG declared Champions.

Promotion, and relegation, decided on points accrued, points expected on current trajectory with 10 games still left to go.

If Premier League decide to do something similar, i see them facing writs from the bottom 4 of the Premier League.

Also i would hope we would challenge the ruling .

Why ?,..............Karma,what goes round comes around.

No love lost with those **** now.

SEASON SHOULD BE NULL AND VOIDED.

French League definitely over until September,PSG declared Champions.

Promotion, and relegation, decided on points accrued, points expected on current trajectory with 10 games still left to go.

If Premier League decide to do something similar, i see them facing writs from the bottom 4 of the Premier League.

Also i would hope we would challenge the ruling .

Why ?,..............Karma,what goes round comes around.

No love lost with those **** now.
Ah yes, points per game, the very antithesis of the spirit of the game.

Last season's 14 wins on the bounce would like a word.

Give them sod all. They never won it. Something else for them to cry about.
I see your point but I don't think that's likely to happen. The only other options are they try and play the league and they get their two wins or they are awarded the league by default. I prefer the second option. That asterix will always be there and our records will never be broken.

Have they mathematically won it though
No

oOfTk2E.jpg

There is still plenty of time to get a vote sorted out. I would let the players decide for themselves. Let both the FA and the Premier League sort out a vote as to whether they want to start playing again. The majority wins so if 50.1% say no that is it. So there are 20 teams in the Premier League, say each team has 30 players, so that is 600 votes in total. Therefore let's say 301 say no then that is it. The Premier League is null and void. ALL votes must be sent to the players home address, that way no undue pressure can be put on the player. Any unreturned voting cards will be split 50-50. So if 30 cards are not returned that will be split 15 for playing and 15 for not playing. Job done and dusted.

I am still not 100% sure the players would be covered through the clubs insurance policy should they fall ill through catching the coronavirus while playing. My guess would be that they wouldn't be. This is probably due to them not following the Governments ruling at staying 2 metres away from a person. We will just have to wait and see what happens next week. This is when we will all get another update. To me unless we get a sudden drop in the death rates we might see another 2/3 weeks of this lockdown.

they're saying an infected player will be treated like any other injury hahah taking the absolute piss!

I cannot believe any medic would say that,they would have to isolate and retest everybody the player has been playing /training with

Someone at the prem or the papers are making this shit up

As a club we wouldn't agree to that and notice the things for discussion involved everybody signing a disclaimer,no player in their right mind will sign that,you get sick and die or you pass it on to your family,tough shit

There is still plenty of time to get a vote sorted out. I would let the players decide for themselves. Let both the FA and the Premier League sort out a vote as to whether they want to start playing again. The majority wins so if 50.1% say no that is it. So there are 20 teams in the Premier League, say each team has 30 players, so that is 600 votes in total. Therefore let's say 301 say no then that is it. The Premier League is null and void. ALL votes must be sent to the players home address, that way no undue pressure can be put on the player. Any unreturned voting cards will be split 50-50. So if 30 cards are not returned that will be split 15 for playing and 15 for not playing. Job done and dusted.

I am still not 100% sure the players would be covered through the clubs insurance policy should they fall ill through catching the coronavirus while playing. My guess would be that they wouldn't be. This is probably due to them not following the Governments ruling at staying 2 metres away from a person. We will just have to wait and see what happens next week. This is when we will all get another update. To me unless we get a sudden drop in the death rates we might see another 2/3 weeks of this lockdown.
I’m not sure the insurance will cover the emotional baggage for the wife and children during a 2 week stay in ITU or even death.

Ah yes, points per game, the very antithesis of the spirit of the game.

Last season's 14 wins on the bounce would like a word.

Exactly. The whole joy of football, and especially the Premier League, is it's not expected. If it was, nobody would bother (tho it does seem to be getting that way, scripted)

Whilst the social distancing in cricket could be just about done, the ball is the issue, it passes through multiple hands after every ball, unless everyone has an antibacterial wipe for every ball bowled.

I have a feeling that this afternoon's press conference with the 3 most important people, 2 from science, and a guy who nearly died from the disease will put an end to "project restart", I think the fact its a week away from the next review, and we have the top three people doing the conference, that there is going to be more news on our so called lockdown, I think they'll announce its being extended for another three weeks, possibly even tightened further, because the stats while improving are hardly showing major improvements.

Sport is surely the least important thing that the country needs right now.

As you say when you come up with a possible scenario its very easy to say nope, what about this and its impossible to play sport when we are social distancing like this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.