Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Just one point to consider on this, is how long does it take to mourn a close loved one. Pep lost his mother around 4 weeks ago, perhaps other less high profile have also, they may have sick relatives who knows, but I’m guessing many including our boss may not be in the right frame of mind.
While I fully except what your saying, when one of our parents die the average person is back in work considerably sooner than 4 weeks after.

Not saying its right but it is what it is.

While I fully except what your saying, when one of our parents die the average person is back in work considerably sooner than 4 weeks after.

I am sure not about pep though,he values family above everything,i wouldn't be surprised if he decides he wants to leave and be with his wife and kids in spain,u couldn't really argue with that

Agree, peoples mental fortitude differs, but the point I was really making is that nobody knows whether X footballer has his niece in ITU, and is watching the anxiety his family is going through. I may be being a bit soft

I am sure not about pep though,he values family above everything,i wouldn't be surprised if he decides he wants to leave and be with his wife and kids in spain,u couldn't really argue with that
And that would be his choice I'd certanly support him whatever he did.

Also i assume the insurance companies will work on a percentage of players being out at any one time and not the entire football pyramid.

They must have some protection built in somewhere, just look at how they fought tooth and nail about the poor guy that died on the plane to cardiff. Sala???
I was trying to temember his name yesterday when l was remembering the fuss that was raised initially when that poor fellow first went missing, the subsequent search and discovery and the subsequent wrangling about the fitness of plane and pilot and the argumentsover who should pay what from insurers and clubs. Such an unexpected situation and a real one off.
Yet here we have certain bodies and the media are clamouring for something where the health and possibly lives of players and their families will be put at risk just for financial reasons.
Its pretty disgusting hypocrisy from some pretty disgusting people including the PFA which is supposed to look after its members.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.