Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

And 2 teams relegated. Amiens and Toulouse. Expect lawsuits very soon!!

On what basis will they people able to 'sue' and who exactly are they suing? The French FA, the Chinese?

The governing bodies are not thick, they know that clubs cannot really expect to sue and claim damages in this situation.

Last edited:
I listened to Talksport this afternoon (I know but it was hawksbee and jacobs and that's the only show I listen to) the football policing lead was being interviewed. He finished with a great sentence - "there will always be another football season but not another life".

On what basis will they people able to 'sue' and who exactly are they suing? The French FA, the Chinese?

The governing bodies are not thick, they know that clubs cannot really expect to sue and claim damages in this situation.
Maybe not be thick but can’t always be relied upon to make the correct decisions
With respect to suing then it depends upon the rules of the competition as to if there are grounds

Maybe not be thick but can’t always be relied upon to make the correct decisions
With respect to suing then it depends upon the rules of the competition as to if there are grounds

Clubs who are even threatening or considering to sue, should be embarrassed quite frankly. As they are putting undue pressure on the leagues to not cancel and therefore put peoples lives at risk.

I'd be embarrassed if City did it.

Rumour heard today that hotels around st George's park are being asked for ability to host team camps for a "tournament" style last games for the tv... booooooooooooooo

They are being forcibly removed without the competition being completed. Why should two teams from outside their current league take preference over Toulouse and Amiens. Not sure any team would take that decision lying down!!

They are being forcibly removed without the competition being completed.

Due to unforeseen circumstance that does not allow the league to continue safely, both for the health of the players and the general public.

My guess is that any competent lawyer would have the case thrown out within a few hours.

With regards wearing a face mask when training. Have anyone of those saying this tried this ?
I only move heavy boxes with one on and you sweat like shit in them its horrible. I couldnt imagine doing a 75 minute training session in one I only do about 20 minutes at a time and my mouth area and face is running in sweat.
That was my first thought too. Ive only worn one shopping for 30mins and it was hot and uncomfortable. Its daft to expect them to wear one training. plus its going to keep slipping unless they wear the real deal ones which really should be reserved for healthcare workers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.