Films that were acclaimed that are actually rubbish

Kermodes’ review is funny!
He is mellowing now though, which is a shame.
Best one of recent times was his utter slaughtering of ‘Entourage’. That rant is still echoing around the world.
I urge you to check it out, you won’t be disappointed.

Read his deer hunter review, he absolutely loathes it

I watched Interstellar yesterday and that disappointed me too (nowhere near as much though it was ok). I rarely rewatch modern films but I’ll always rewatch my old faves.

Same here

I find many of these newer supposardly high concept films to be dull as fuck, Gravity wasn't tense or interesting but got raved about, it was shite.

Interstella nah give me silent running, solaris or alien any day over that

I watched Interstellar yesterday and that disappointed me too (nowhere near as much though it was ok). I rarely rewatch modern films but I’ll always rewatch my old faves.

I thought it was tosh, which might have been enjoyable if it had been a lot shorter. At which point it would have been not totally different to the Jodie Foster film Contact (which I did like).

Same here

I find many of these newer supposardly high concept films to be dull as fuck, Gravity wasn't tense or interesting but got raved about, it was shite.

Interstella nah give me silent running, solaris or alien any day over that

Silent Running definitely. A wonderful film. Kids today probably would want some more effects though!

I saw Gravity at the cinema and thought it was very good, albeit needing a better ending. I'm not sure it would work so well on a small screen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.