Films that were acclaimed that are actually rubbish

I went to the cinema to watch the first Avengers film. It had something like 98% on Rotten Tomatoes at the time and while I'm not really into superhero movies, it was around the time that The Dark Knight was out so I thought it might have been similar. It was so forgettable. In hindsight, it's a shit kids' franchise, but back then they were really pushing it as an amazing film.

People have to remember when some older films came out, they were made for that era.
Attitudes and expectations have grown/changed. Films are generally more sophisticated now.
I only realised that now i have kids.

They have started watching some of the "classics", and they are of an opinion that they are simply entertaining without having to try too hard.
It have also made me realise i have changed. Some will say grown up (not my wife), and what i once found funny/entertaining, i don't now.
So while i'm enjoying rewatching films i once thought great, it is highlighting how my viewing tastes have changed.

I don't even know what my favourite film is anymore.
I'm massively into home cinema, and it has been my hobby for the last 25 years. The problem with that, is i was drawn to films that looked and sounded great. The actual content was sometimes secondary to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.