Films that were acclaimed that are actually rubbish

Marmite film. I love it. The film, not marmite. Hate marmite.

And just for you il add Fire Walk With Me to the list.
Love Twin Peaks season 1(hence my username), but FWWM just didnt work. Everything and everyone that I loved in season 1 was missing from the film.

I should probably rewatch The Blair Witch Project at some point but Blair Witch (made a few years ago) didn’t help to enamour me to the franchise.

I can understand your frustration with FWWM but I felt Sheryl Lee & Ray Wise delivered fantastic performances in a harrowing exploration of Laura’s life the week before she died.

All comic book movies other than the original Superman.
All Star Wars other than the 3 originals.
Spinal Tap, Withnail and I and The Goonies ... did not get them.
All the modern Bonds and many of the old ones.
Most of Tarantino (except loved Jackie Brown, liked Pulp Fiction and liked Reservoir Dogs)
Anything overly Patriotic.
Anything pretending to be realistic for half the movie and then suddenly going crazy Hollywood, like Gladiator or Braveheart. ( being unrealistic from the start doesn't bother me)
Anything glorifying stupid kid or teenage shit, like the Home Alones or Ferris Bueller.
What was wrong with Gladiator out of curiosity?

O brother wherefore art thou.

I like most of their other stuff but this one.

They're not acclaimed (but this thread seems to have long since given up the fiction that it's about that – it just seems to be about films you thought were shit, acclaimed or not): but all of Larry Clark's films. They all make out that anyone over the age of thirty is, by definition, a total tosser.

I generally like Sci Fi films, and by rights I should like Star Wars, but have tried to watch it many times, but never get all the way through it. From the stupid bear thing that only growls, to that camp robot and it's wheelie bin mate, it all gets right on me tits .... Utter shite.
So, kind of an amalgamation of; Rainbow, The Wizard of Oz and Ted Rogers 3-2-1...
Incidentally Star Wars?
Stars are very hot places I am led to believe, so how could anything survive on them?

Starship Troopers
All 5 films, all utter American patriotic fucking bollocks and Every film with American patriotic bollocks in it,
Enders Game.
Any film with Nicholas Cage in it.
Any film produced for Netflixs
Any black and white film that doesn`t have Laurel and Hardy in it.
That Crouching tiger bollocks plus the rest of these martial arts flying though the air shite.
1917. The main actor scrambles about through mud, blood and assorted shite only to look like he`s just walked out of a military outfitters at the end of the film.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.