Maine Road (Football Away Days)

I’ve spoken to a few rival fans, usually on holiday, about Maine Road. Always mentioned that it was a scary place to visit.

Weird was the first time today since we moved from main road that I thought of main road and missed it and would of loved to go back there to watch a game again but hey it’s an housing estate now.

Depends what school.
There was Heald Place on Heald Place and then there was Claremont infant and juniors on Claremont road.

It always made me cross that we allowed Swales to have the awful blue cladding fitted over the Manchester red-brick of the Main Stand. The only bit of history we had left our famous old ground.

Shame on Peter Swales. He would have been so jealous of what we achieved after he was booted out.

St Edwards also right behind the Kippax.

Was that the school the players used to warm up in during the 1998/99 season? Next to the Kippax Street car park entrance, with the metal barriers, off Letchworth street??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.