Maine Road (Football Away Days)

CXVwzmPWsAAmp_8.jpg

Pretty sure there were plans to have a new roof on the kippax to match the main stand and have the platt lane and north stand matching too.

Ive either dreamt it or ive seen the plans!

This was deffo swales. Franny had ideas to have the whole stadium like tge new kippax

Whenever I think of Maine road I think of the old Kippax and Platt lane stands. I hated the new Kippax and Umbro stand. Cheap and nasty, but that was Peter Swales all over!
To be fair to Swales he did invest heavily on players, we just chose the wrong ones time and time again.

I was over the posh end mate, Denmark Rd , used to go in Our Lady’s though on a Sunday afternoon when the pubs used to close for a few hours and then over to the Ardri.
That Big Western was a lively place on its day haha!
Posh end ...lol

The Etihad is a nice modern stadium, but it is not Maine Road. Home games were a different experience, City were generally crap, but you had The Parkside, The Beehive, The Claremont, The Gardeners, The Sherwood, The Lord Lion, The Clarence, The Whitworth and so many others in the vicinity. A Saturday home game was a belting pub crawl.
Old Abbey , Ducie Arms, Denmark , Robin Hood, Albert, Welcome, Birch,
The Fallowfield and last but not least,
The Princess.
It was hard work trying to get around them all, sometimes I had to fuck the game off and stay on the session!
Great Days!

Old Abbey , Ducie Arms, Denmark , Robin Hood, Albert, Welcome, Birch,
The Fallowfield and last but not least,
The Princess.
It was hard work trying to get around them all, sometimes I had to fuck the game off and stay on the session!
Great Days!
Many times I heard the line “ is Francis playing “ ? No he’s injured , “ i’ll Stop here then “ lol

The Etihad is a nice modern stadium, but it is not Maine Road. Home games were a different experience, City were generally crap, but you had The Parkside, The Beehive, The Claremont, The Gardeners, The Sherwood, The Lord Lion, The Clarence, The Whitworth and so many others in the vicinity. A Saturday home game was a belting pub crawl.
Just having a bottle of Pedigree whilst reading this and it takes me back to The Whitworth for Saturday lunchtimes before a home game. Happy times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.