Reading glasses

I’ve used the £2 a pair all the time but I’m just sick off them breaking all the time ..Don’t mind edging into double figures if they are bit more durable
I'm a carpenter too mate, whatever you do they'll get scratched or broken some how, I just have a pair by the prints

I thought I had put my shades on in the car once and nearly crashed I had put my +3 readers on and couldn't see a fkin thing

I'm 55 and have never worn glasses, always had good sight.....until I put on a pair of readers recently and realised how much visual loss has crept up on me, seeing graphics so clearly has given me a boost.
Should probably just get my eyes tested but what could be wrong with the cheap ones?
Get your eyes tested,take those glasses with you and say these are fine,don't be talked into stronger ones until you really need them,mine said eyes don't really get worse after late 50's so you might never need stronger ones

Anyone know of any cheap robust readers ? I’m a carpenter and forever breaking them in my pocket at work

You're probably better off buying a few cheap pairs from the local pound shop if you're breaking them all the time. Only pay a quid for mine as I'm always sitting on them. Somewhere like B&M's sell them for a couple of quid.

I had my eyes tested last year while visiting the UK. I am 61, can you read this ? yes, ok try this one yes I can read that. ok try this , yes no problem, How old are you again? 61. hmmmm your sight is fine, you dont need specs at all, though you do have the start of cararacts! I can still thread a needle without specs !

An acquaintance of mine is an eye surgeon so I asked him if there is any problem wearing the pound shop reading glasses, he said no. That doesn't preclude you from visiting the optician regularly.
For prescription glasses, I buy from select specs, £6 a pair.

I think the problem lies when your eyeballs expel different variances. Your right eye does not necessarily see what your left eye does. Get an eye test and then buy some reasonable looking readers from spec savers for absolute pennies. I have excellent vision and only need readers for tiny print such as what lives on the bottom of sauce bottles and cajun sauce powder from Maggi's.

I’m in a state of denial as I definitely need them, have to sometimes expand the page when reading some posts on here for a long time, with others I just have to expand them as I can’t believe what I’ve just read.

anyhow current situation means I have a legitimate excuse not to go to the opticians to get a pair

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.