Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm disappointed that Kev and Leroy partnership that was fast becoming the most lethal thing in football hasn't been able to blossom since 17/18 with both basically having a year out, that was becoming something special.

He wants to leave and is doing a Milner and clearly doesn't care so I have no time for him, but let's get what we can, we got him cheap considering how good he can be and move on. It's time really we cut a few of these players whose heart isn't really in it.

I hope when Leroy goes our fan base don't turn into Scousers and start a hate campaign. None of our players except Phil Foden support City. They all play for us because we offer Champions league football, the best coach and we pay them extremely well. People need to face facts.

We have taken loads of players off clubs. Now its our turn for someone to leave who most want to stay.

I wish him all the best. Hes not signing for Liverpool or Utd so no hate from me. It was a pleasure watching him develop.

I’d have had a sight more respect for Sane, if he’d told the club he wanted to leave at some point during the last 2 years and enabled us to negotiate a decent fee, rather than play a “will he, won’t he” game over his contract and encourage that shower of German chisellers to agitate on his behalf. So as per my previous post, bollocks to him.

I hope when Leroy goes our fan base don't turn into Scousers and start a hate campaign. None of our players except Phil Foden support City. They all play for us because we offer Champions league football, the best coach and we pay them extremely well. People need to face facts.

We have taken loads of players off clubs. Now its our turn for someone to leave who most want to stay.

I wish him all the best. Hes not signing for Liverpool or Utd so no hate from me. It was a pleasure watching him develop.

Totally agree, for me it's never personal every player has a value to the club and every club has a value to the player, its stupid to think that players only want to play for us and never someone else. The ONLY bitter taste is dealing with Bayern I would sooner put my head in a blender than give those fuckers anything, for me ideally someone else comes in for him and he goes there, even for less money

Agreed, the vast majority of players couldn't give a damn about the clubs that employ them, they are no different to the rest of us and our employers.
It's a job, nothing more

Perhaps that means Perisic won't be extended but already with Gnabry & Coman means Leroy will also have to contend with competition on the wing - not to mention youngsters Arp & Davies. Grass is not always greener but he'll be home nevertheless

Totally agree - get whatever money we can for him and move on. His conduct towards our club has been poor but in the scheme of things he had one good season for us - so I think we will survive without him. We all just need to move on. If he returns with BM I won’t boo him but I won’t applaud him either - just another mercenary in a game full of them.

I don't advocate these sort of tactics and based on experience neither does Txiki or Pep. You want players who want to be here & play for you, else you get the best deal possible to facilitate the transfer

Shame about Leroy but we already know there are some ego issues there and, again, you have to have players who will buy into the approach of the coach. The German did not ultimately so adieu

What approach of the coach did sane not "buy" into? I can't remember Sane doing anything wrong if anything there were games he was supposed to start in the 2018/2019 season but the out of form Mahrez got the nod instead.Sane had the second highest assists right behind KDB in the 2017/2018 season, sane has scored double digits in both seasons here so I am not sure what approach he didn't buy into. Bayern did better business, we handled this poorly! We can blame Sane and yes he has to take some blame but the man management of this situation made the entire management look inept.

I agree with this in terms of no bad blood, however what is a shame is he arrived as one of the most exciting talents on the planet and looked exactly that in his first 2 seasons. The last 2 seasons have been extremely disappointing. He spent half of 2018/19 on the bench and looking frustrated as hell (im sure this is why he decided he wanted to go) and then a year on the treatment table. He could of been an absolute legend for us and i think i will always feel an element of what if with Leroy rather than how good he was for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.