Last Words?

stonerblue

I got a call last night from a mates wife telling me that after a 2 year battle with cancer his time is almost up. He's at home but no visitors so she asked me to send him a text she can read out to him.
This will probably be the last time me and Billy 'speak'.
I am struggling to find the right words so thought i'd ask for a bit of inspiration from you lot.

No smart arse replies thanks.

I got a call last night from a mates wife telling me that after a 2 year battle with cancer his time is almost up. He's at home but no visitors so she asked me to send him a text she can read out to him.
I am struggling to find the right words so thought i'd ask for a bit of inspiration from you lot.

I had a similar situation last year.

I wrote a letter and reminded him of how we met and a few things we shared over time. I told him that certain things would always remind me of him.
I didnt mention him dying (tho he knew it was imminent) , i just asked him to say hello to our mutual friends ‘up there’

Sorry to hear that mate.
I suppose it comes down to what kind of relationship you had with him which will determine what you say. He may appreciate one last bit of humour if that’s how he lived his life, but obviously if he’s a serious person then that wouldn’t work.
Either way, good luck and hope you find the right words.

only you know him and the friendship you had between yourselves, therefore it's difficult to advise. Maybe write a poem?

Good luck pal.

Thanks for the replies and good advice. Think i'v e got it sussed now.
Billy was a stand up, straight down the middle sort of man who always did the right thing.
Gonna tell him not to worry about his wife, which is probably his only worry, and to have the pool balls racked up on the other side ready for a thrashing. When he started chemo his goal was to get back playing pool.

I would write a text personally, so impersonal. Write him a letter and take it round for her to read. You will find the words in a letter as it will flow.

I would write a text personally, so impersonal. Write him a letter and take it round for her to read. You will find the words in a letter as it will flow.
I would rather do a letter but his wife, who is also battling cancer, is worried about covid germs. Plus, before becoming incapable, we've been keeping in touch through text.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.