How good was Maradona?

roy.or.r

I have never watched him live since he played before my time but I want to now for fellow bluemooners who have seen him play. Was he as good as Messi is now?
I have watched youtube highlights and frankly I think Messi is better imo. The defenders looked awful in the highlights.
Thoughts?

I have never watched him live since he played before my time but I want to now for fellow bluemooners who have seen him play. Was he as good as Messi is now?
I have watched youtube highlights and frankly I think Messi is better imo. The defenders looked awful in the highlights.
Thoughts?
There where some great defenders back then they where also aloud to kick lumps out of him. If he’d played today they wouldn’t get anywhere near him

Absolute joy to watch.
My first recollection of him was watching Mexico 86, he was untouchable and was a hard little so and so. All left foot but it was like a wand, he just left everyone for dead.
Hated the English with a passion and cheated us out of a possible quarter final in 86 but he did it for Argentina.
I'd watch the movie about him @roy.or.r, it's very good.

Best player to ever play the game, they used to kick absolute shit out of him in Spain and Italy, and he would give it back and not roll around on the floor, he would have a field day now with protection players get.
Genius at best, anyone who says Pele was better don’t know football.

Wouldn't even make it past the piss test.

Genius. Single handedly won a World Cup!
Defenders kicked him like no tomorrow (see the game against Bilbao when he almost had his career ended).
But he always had the last laugh!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.